• S H I J U N •

Ye hajar bar kahe du

- - ⚜️ - -

Sunlight streamed golden through the window in a well mannered announcement of the risen sun. In the soft white-gold light of the new day, the hues of the bedroom moved from impressionist pastels to brilliant pop art. The bedroom was just tidy enough to show that the couple cared about the space. In the background, on the wall behind the bed hung a neon sign that read - #Shijun.

Arjun walked in the room, with a towel wrapped around, his hair still wet. Picking the shirt, he took it out from the hanger, wearing the cloth around. The shirt was loose, with a neat trimmed edge rather than a collar. He himself had ironed it. The fabric had that linen look with a subtle stripe and pattern of flora, masculine and feminine all at once. It was gifted by his better half. She said that the shirt summed him up pretty well, the way he was - a strong and emotionally literate man. The way that made him beautiful, and so easy to love.

Buckling the belt around his trouser, he walked out of the room, making a beeline towards the kitchen. Putting the bread inside the toaster, he picked the coffee sachet. His day started with coffee - rich and dark, with hot water; and ended with tea - masala and kadak, with a creamy milk.

The sudden sound of the toaster, startled him, making him almost spill the coffee. Placing the half burned breads on a plate, he moved towards the hall. He had just taken a sip from his drink, when the sight in front, made Arjun choke, haulting him on his way.

On the couch, sat Aarushi, dressed in a red coloured dress. Her wedding dress. Their wedding dress. The frills of the crimson ankle-lengthskirt were placed neatly on the either sides of the couch. The dupatta, beautiful in gold zardosi work, was spread on the wooden table. Upon her lap, sat the laptop, on which her eyes were glued. Arjun noticed the thin liner, she had applied, layered above the golden eyeshadow. Forming a pout, her lips were coloured in maroon, the colour complementing her dusky face.

Arjun had been busy gawking at her, when Aarushi's voice snapped him out.

" I know I'm looking beautiful Arjun, but that doesn't mean you get to stare at me like this." She turned her head towards him, passing her cheeky smile. " Tum office ke liye late ho rahe ho."

Composing himself, Arjun was about to reply with some mushy pick-up line. But stopped midway, recalling yesterday's WhatsApp chats. As the chats recollected in his mind, the redness of his cheeks faded away and the shy smile, turned into a frown.

"Oh yah! I forgot, now only your fanboys have the right to stare at you." He muttered, words loud enough to reach her ears.

Ignoring her glares, Arjun sat on the couch, a good distance away from her. Picking the honey jar, he poured some on the bread, his eyes savouring it's sweetness. There was comfort in the toasted bread, the surface a homey caramel-brown. In the gentle warmth it retained, it melted the butter and took the honey right in.

" Fanboy se yaad aya, I didn't knew, I had a fanboy back in Dehradun as well." Aarushi smirked. Arjun's expressions turned into horror, as he saw the two black rings lying on the table. Both had the same engraving - together and forever. The only difference was, one had the original engraving, while the other was written with white pen. Some letters on the latter, had faded in the passage of time.

" Kâmëënî Heer." Arjun muttered.

Ofcourse only Heer knew about the ring and no one else. He was stupid back then to think that it was cool, to have an accessory as same as his crush. Arjun remembered how embarassed he had been, when Heer had confronted him, saying that it was Aarushi's mother's ring. The ring was a symbol of love, Mrs. Sharma had recieved from Mr. Roy. Aarushi had kept the ring with her, in remembrance of her parents.