# 24

{ T W E N T Y F O U R }

- - ⚜️ - -

Aarushi stood in the library, ransacking the bookshelf to find a suitable book to read. The bookcase was ornate, as if carved by a person with a profound love of literature. The engravings were of leaves and birds on the wing - so sublime as to invite the fingers to take it in just as much as the eyes. It was unusual, for a place like college's library, but then, that was the beauty of this library. It never felt like they were students sitting at an old school's library but some other world, far from the chaos of life.

Aarushi's finger were trailing on the book covers when she stopped midway. Her eyes fixed at a person on the other end of the bookshelf. There stood Arjun, his head titled a little as he read through the book titles. Aarushi noticed that he was handsome from the depth of his eyes to the gentle expressions of his voice. He was handsome from his generous opinions to the touch of his hand upon the book he took out from the shelf. He was handsome in everyway and everyday Aarushi feel for him more.

Aarushi looked back at the table where her group was laughing and giggling. She let out a sigh in relief since they hadn't noticed Arjun yet. That's what she thought.

It had been two days since Inaya's incidence had taken place and Aarushi hadn't found a chance to thank Arjun. With others busy and him being alone, she found it a perfect moment to talk. Hesitantly she tucked a strand of loose hair behind her hair as she walked in his direction. It was when she was almost at a talking distance from him her eyes fell on a book title. She smiled and picked the book. She cleared her throat in an attempt to grab his attention. When he didn't, Aarushi placed the book in front of him and tapped on the book's cover.

Arjun stared at her as she tried to hide her nails under the long sleeves of her over-sized sweater. Aarushi had the nails of a practical woman, short and unpolished. They were unapologetically natural, each one being a tiny reflection of who she was inside. He then shifted his gaze to where she was pointing. The tittle. It read - Hello World by Hanna Fry.

Aarushi have him a sheepish grin and mentally cursed herself for such a stupid idea. When he walked away to the other side of the shelf, Aarushi felt her cheeks burning. Her eyes were already getting blurry, lump appearing in her throat.

She placed the book back in the shelf, when a book appeared in front of her. Quizzically she looked up and saw Arjun smiling at her. Blinking her eyes, she read the tittle - Hey, General by Pete Bublitz.

When she looked up again, she met with the most charming dimple flashing right at her. Not wanting to break the moment, she looked around. Few seconds later she showed him another book- Thankyou Love by Ayush Gupta.

Arjun looked baffled at first, but then a mischievous grin played on his lips. Unaware of what wrong she did, Aarushi read the tittle again and this time ended up smacking her forehead. Before getting further embarrassed, she turned around to leave but stopped by a gentle tap on her shoulder. She turned around to find Arjun holding a magazine in his hand. Aarushi read the heading he was pointing at - Koffee with Karan Season 2 to be aired soon.

" You mean Koffee with kulfi ? " Aarushi asked in astonishment, not sure if he was actually asking her out.

Instead of answering her, he picked another magazine - Dehradun's popular tea stalls. Aarushi laughed back. It was clear then, he asked out. She instantly felt her cheeks flushing red. She fished a book- The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini. She then pointed at the the Koffee with Karan magazine.

For you, thousand times over.

" Four pm " saying this she walked towards her group before Arjun could catch her blushing.