Chapter 8

As I wake up I perform my normal routine and make my way out of my room to go train. As I make my way to the garden I see Sky waiting for me.

"Instead of trying to reason with you, I figured I'd try this whole friend thing out," He says smiling as I approach.

"Okay then," I say quite awkwardly.

"Ready to run?" He says as I awkwardly start running next to him. I mean I know what I said with the whole friend thing but this was rather awkward.

As we are jogging he starts kicking my feet from under me and pushing me in a joking way to lose my balance. I decide to mess with him the next time he pushes me and fall over.

"Oh shit Silv I didn't mean to push you so hard. Shit did I hurt you?" He asks as he crouches down next to me on the grass. I hide my face with my hair cause I was smiling so damn hard.

Before he can move my hair I start bursting out in laughter.

"Ah so that's how you wanna play it 's very cool," He says, laughing. He reaches down to lend me a hand. I take it to which he lets go, making me fall over on the ground again. I'm laughing my ass off at this point with him laughing next to me. I missed his laugh.

"Okay for real here," He says, giving me a hand to get up. We smile at each other as we continue our running messing around with each other, as we make our way back to the punching bags.

"You know I think this whole friend thing can work," I say as I grab my water bottle while taking a drink. I drip some on my chin, going to wipe it off. But instead, Sky does. As he swipes his hand across my chin a little too slowly, I start feeling flustered and my heart is beating 100 times faster. This friend thing is definitely not working. I stare at him for a minute as his eyes are trained on mine. For a second I thought he was going to lean in but I move away towards the punching bag instead.

"Yeah. Friends," He says as if it was venomous or something. I dismiss it knowing he has a girlfriend now.

"So you actually gonna teach me today or be all weepy?" I question looking at him wanting to break the tension and go back to light-hearted laughter. He smiles and laughs as he approaches to teach me some new techniques.

The rest of the training, was fun and all that was heard was our laughs and our smiles at each other. In a friendly way of course. Before I can follow the technique he showed me I realized I had class. 

I say goodbye to Sky and make my way to class. I make my way to my room changing fast into a black tube top, black jeans, and my usual leather jacket before making my way to class.

"Hello everybody today we are going to be focusing on creation." Ms.Dowling says, as I enter quietly to the back of the class she makes a pointed look at me as if to mention your late

"Focus on your powers, the control you have, and try to sculpt it into something. A spark of light a sun, a hoop of fire anything you can think of." She says as everyone starts to try. As a third-year, we are split into different groups. Fire and light fairies are put together in class making us a fairly small class. 

I try to focus on what she just said imagining a hoop and instantly I had a big fire hoop. Then I broke it off into 5 fire hoops. This was too easy. I decide to try something harder. Thinking of a phoenix. I start shaping my hands and imagining it coming out of my hands, and then it happens. A fire phoenix. 

"Very good Silvermist." Headmistress Dowling says smiling in my direction as she moves to the next student. For the next several hours we were making all sorts of things. 

By the time we finished class, it was almost evening. Deciding to go to Jacob's room to see what he was up to. I make my way opening his door with the key he gave me. 

"What's up dickhead?" I say sitting in his chair as he sat in his bed twisting a knife between his fingers. 

"Nothing much. Got spat on by some second-year student." He says shrugging. 

"Did you beat him up?" I question knowing his anger problems. He smiles at me nodding before putting the knife down. 

"You know just because my dad was some fucked up ass who went around teaching black magic and using his powers for the worst, doesn't mean I'm going to do the same," He says as he lays down on his bed. I felt for him, I really did. His father was long gone before he was even born and to have to carry around his burden didn't help. Jacob was nothing like his father was. 

"I'm sorry. Just forget about them we have each other that's all that matters everyone else can go suck a dick" I said to which he laughed at. He smiled at me in a thank you way.

"What would I do without you missy" He says as he gets up to grab some food. 

"I really don't know," I say laughing grabbing the food from his hand and eating it smiling at him.

As I am about to say something I get a text from Bloom saying emergency and to meet them by the rocks near the forest. I groan greeting Jacob goodbye before running off to meet the rest of the girls by the forest.

"What's the emergency?" I say painting.

"Do you have no decency?" Stella asks me, staring at my attire.

"Nope, none at all." I smile at her annoyed by her presence.

"We're going to get Stella's ring from the burned one before they transport it away," Bloom says as they walk through the forest.

"Okay then," I say following behind Musa. Everyone is in different conversations as we make our way through the forest to Terra's dad's barn.

"Why are you all sweaty?" Musa asks, staring at my state.

"Oh I don't know maybe because I got a text saying emergency with no other context so I assumed the worse and sprinted all the way here from the other side of the building," I say smiling at her.

"Hmmm, you should shower you smell like grass and dirt," Musa says jokingly to which I push her arm slightly. We laugh at each other as Musa bumps into Bloom, making us laugh even harder.

"Guys can you be serious for a second. We're here." Stella says rolling her eyes at us. Urgh Barbie.

After Stella opens the door and nothing is to be found we all make our way outside of the barn. Suddenly I notice Blooms missing. I decide to go off and look for her leaving the others alone. It was fairly dark now in the forest and was starting to look creepy. But I dismissed it, going to look for Bloom. All of a sudden I started hearing these noises like someone was calling me. Strange. I decided to follow that voice getting closer and closer. Till I bumped into Bloom.

"There you are," I say, hugging her, to which she does not reciprocate instead it seemed as if she was in some kind of trance.

"Do you hear that?" she asks. Suddenly the noises seemed 10 times louder and surrounded us in every direction.

"Yeah, Yeah I hear that. What is it?" I ask as we are now standing back to back in a stance ready to fight.

"Do you think? Do you think it's a burned one?" I suddenly ask, a little bit scared. I don't hear her reply as the noises get louder indicating whatever, that was it was getting closer. We start walking in the direction of the noise.

Suddenly we see it. The burned one approaching us fast-paced. We both reach our hands out ready to kill it. However, Bloom couldn't get it to work. As I am about to say something, all of a sudden fire erupts from her hands aimed straight at the burned one. Right before it's about to charge at us I switch and shoot a fireball and mist at it distract it. Then out of nowhere, it's thrown into a spike. I shoot my mist and fire at it to make sure it's properly dead before turning to see Aisha and Bloom wide-eyed staring at what I had just done in shock.

"Oh yeah I'm a hybrid I'm part fire fairy part mist fairy," I say smiling at them before looking back at the burned one to find Stella's ring. Neither one of them says anything as I reach into it and grab the ring tossing it to Bloom before heading to walk back to campus.

Nobody said anything. I wish I could be hearing his laugh right now.