Chapter 10

It seemed like the longer I was in the hotel the better it seemed to get.

The boys and girls had obviously been separated and wouldn't be sharing rooms.

We were put into groups of four per room and Megan and I were sharing a room with two other girls named Dawn and Becca.

I recalled speaking to Becca a few times throughout high school but couldn't bring myself to even recognize Dawn's face which was odd because she just seemed to draw attention.

She had shoulder length auburn hair and stunning green eyes that I'd definitely consider killing for. Becca on the other hand had less striking features compared to Dawn but she was still gorgeous with brown hair and eyes to match.

"Oh my gosh this is so exciting! Aren't you guys excited we're rooming together? It's going to be so much fun! It'll be just like a big sleepover! We can stay up and talk about boys and eat tons of junk food and watch Netflix all night." Becca squealed and I mean that literally, before she quickly grabbed the room key from a stunned looking Mr.Frazier and unlocked the door to our room and skipped inside.

Dawn shot me a sideways glance like she was trying to figure out if I had just witnessed what she had.

"That girl obviously needs to lay off all the red bull." Megan muttered before following Becca inside.

Dawn stared after Megan for a few seconds before blinking a few times and then followed her in.

I simply shook my head and was about to follow suit when a hand grabbed my arm, stopping me.

I turned, expecting it to be Archer but was disappointed to find Cade instead.

I instantly shot him a glare and snatched my arm away.

"What do you want?" I demanded.

Cade was looking at me with those big blue eyes of his, one of which was blackened thanks to Archer, and he kind of looked like a sad beaten puppy which I figured was what he was aiming for.

Well too bad for him because I had a thing for green eyes.

Cade rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Gemma I wanted to apologize for earlier. I don't know what happened."

"Well I thought it was pretty obvious what happened." I murmured.

I watched as the tips of Cade's ears turned pink.

Hmm.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean for it to happen. Just... please don't hate me okay?" Cade pleaded and my anger was momentarily replaced with confusion.

"Why do you care whether I hate you or not?" I asked genuinely confused.

This time it was Cade's face that turned pink.

"I...I just don't want you to think badly of me. I've never ever hit a girl in my life."

"So I was the first? I'm honored." I replied dryly.

For a second Cade's mouth twitched like he was trying to suppress a grin but as soon as he noticed the look I was sending his way it vanished.

Cade cleared his throat and shoved his hands in his back pockets.

"You can hit me if you want." Cade said sounding hopeful.

I blinked and frowned at him.

"What?"

"Go ahead. Hit me. I deserve a lot worse for what-"

I punched him.

"Shit!" Cade yelled and cupped his nose causing a lot of the students who were still waiting to get their rooms to look over at us.