Chapter 7

Archer almost beat Cade to a bloody pulp on that airplane. After the first punch the rest was a blur.

One second Cade was sitting in his seat and the next he's in the middle of the aisle taking a face full of Archer's fist.

Two flight attendants quickly hurried down the narrow aisle and tried to pull Archer off of Cade but at that exact moment the plane hit turbulence.

Great.

One flight attendant fell backwards, landing flat on her back and her shoe went flying while the other stumbled and fell into a passenger's lap.

The whole scene would've been hilarious if Archer wasn't still trying to commit murder.

Archer had Cade by the collar of his shirt and was still trying to rearrange his face.

The strange thing was that Cade didn't even try to stop him or fight back, not that it seemed to matter to Archer anyway. Cade just sat there and took it and that's when I decided to get up.

As soon as I unbuckled my seatbelt and stood the plane lurched and I hit my head on the plane's low ceiling.

I cursed under my breath before making my way over to Archer.

He had his fist pulled back, ready to deliver another blow but I quickly wrapped both of my hands around his fist.

Archer whipped his head around so fast I was surprised he didn't get whiplash. There was an almost feral look in his eyes that almost made me let him go.

Almost.

There was sweat covering his forehead and strands of his dark hair were plastered to the side of his face.

I swallowed hard before I pushed his hand down.

"That's enough." I said quietly.

Archer's eyes darted to my cheek and I felt him tense up. I tightened my hands around his fist and shook my head.

"Cade!"

I had to close my eyes and take a deep breath when Avery suddenly came shoving her way up the aisle.

"Babe oh my gosh! What happened?!" She screeched before dropping to her knees, her usual position, and cradled Cade's head in her lap.

Obviously Cade couldn't answer and all he did was groan in pain.

Avery glared up at Archer.

"What did you do to him?!"

He tried to rearrange his face obviously.

To my complete and utter joy, Archer ignored her completely though.

The flight attendants were finally able to stand up and they helped Avery get Cade to his feet and quickly ushered him up to the front towards first class and the cockpit but not before sending death glares Archer's way.

I sighed heavily before I noticed something warm and wet on my hand.

I glanced down at where my hands were covering Archer's fist to see his knuckles were all bruised and bloody.

"Stay here." I told him before I quickly made my way to the front of the plane.

After I made my way through first class I found Avery and the two flight attendants nursing Cade's face in the small area between the cockpit and first class.

When Avery saw me, a scowl instantly made its way to her face.

"Umm... I need something for his hand." I said gesturing back to where I left Archer.

The flight attendant understood and quickly grabbed some white gauze and some antiseptic and handed it to me.

I thanked her quickly before I headed back towards Archer who was still standing where I left him.

I quickly grabbed his hand ignoring all the scowls from the surrounding passengers who had just witnessed Archer's very own WWE match, and led him to the back of the plane where the bathroom was.

Once inside, I closed the door and locked it before turning to face Archer.

Because the bathroom was so small I was almost pressed up against him.

I cleared my throat before I pointed to the toilet.

"Sit."

Archer glanced at the toilet and scrunched up his nose.

"I don't want to."

"There's barely any space in here. Do you want to do it standing up?" I asked.

Archer raised an eyebrow.

"I usually prefer doing it laying down but if you want to do it standing up that's fine with me."

My eyes widened before I smacked his chest.

"That's not what I meant! I was talking about your hand. If you're not going to sit down do you want me to fix it standing up?"

Archer made another face at the toilet before he leaned back against the sink.

"I'll stand."

I sighed before I set the gauze and antiseptic on the sink.

I gently grabbed his hand and held it over the sink before pouring on the antiseptic.

Archer winced and I mumbled a quick sorry before cleaning off his hand and wrapping it. I did the same with his other hand before letting it go.

"There. Now as long as you don't punch anybody else in the face you should be fine." I teased.

When I looked up I found Archer staring at me intently.

When he lifted his hand to my face I flinched. I hadn't meant to, I knew he'd never lay a finger on me, but I did just get slapped in the face and the entire right side of my cheek was stinging. I could see the anger swimming in Archer's eyes when I did and I knew it wasn't directed towards me.

"I should fucking kill him." He said through clenched teeth.

I sighed and shook my head.

"No you shouldn't but I appreciate the thought. Now let's go back to our seats. I'm sure they won't mind you taking Cade's seat."

Just mentioning Cade's name seemed to make his temper flare so I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him quickly before opening the door only to find the two flight attendants who had helped Cade standing there with disapproving looks on their face.

Somebody was in trouble.