Chapter 14

As soon as the doors slid close Cade rushed pass me and repeatedly pressed the up button for the elevator, but it was useless.

The doors didn't budge.

"Shit!" Cade shouted as he slammed his fist against the door.

"I told you we should've stayed in the elevator!" Avery yelled.

"If we would've just stayed we'd be out of this stupid basement by now!"

Cade spun around and I actually took a small step back to get away from the murderous look on his face.

"Will you shut up?!" Cade yelled.

"All you've done is bitch and complain since we got stuck. So from now on if you aren't going to offer anything useful keep your mouth shut!"

Everyone stood in stunned silence and watched as Avery's face turned a light shade of pink and actual tears started to form in her eyes.

Hmm.

I didn't even know she could cry.

Seeing the look on Avery's face, Cade instantly deflated and took a step toward her.

"Avery-" Cade began, but was cut off.

"Don't."

Avery spun around so no one could see her face.

Cade sighed and ran a hand down his face.

Archer cleared his throat.

"Ugh... so since we aren't going to get out using the elevator we might as well go forward. This can't be the only way out. There has to be emergency exits or something."

Everyone nodded in agreement but no one made any attempt to move.

"In order for us to find a way out we actually need to move guys." Archer said after he saw that no one was moving.

Dawn swept her hand out in front of her.

"Lead the way."

Archer raised an eyebrow as he looked at her.

"Lead the way to where?"

"Out of here." Dawn said in a duh tone.

Archer frowned and shook his head.

"What makes you think I know the way out of here?"

I watched as a blush crept over Dawn's features.

"Well it's no secret what happened to you guys a few months ago, so I figured you should be use to stuff like this." Dawn said almost sheepishly.

Archer gave her incredulous look.

"I should be use to it?"

"I didn't mean it like that but it's just that you and Gemma are the only two who've had any experience with stuff like this."

"Yeah except last time we were stuck in a subway tunnel with a bunch of lunatics trying to kill us and now—" Archer swept his hand out gesturing around us.

"Now we're in the fucking basement of a five star hotel. How does that even remotely sound like the same situation?"

Dawn's face was turning an even darker shade of pink.

I placed my hand on Archer's arm gently.

"Archer let it go. She didn't mean anything by it." I said quietly.

"Whatever." Archer mumbled before storming ahead.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

Archer turned and shot a glare in Dawn's direction before looking at me.