Chapter 5

"This is the last call for those boarding plane 365 to Hawaii, last call for boarding of plane 365 to Hawaii." A female voice rang out over the airport.

We were currently standing in line waiting to board the plane when Megan apparently had the urge to ask something stupid.

"Do you think I should've brought a parachute?"

I gave Megan a blank look before asking, "Why would you bring a parachute?"

"Ugh hellooo, if the plane is about to go down I can jump out, duh!" Megan used her fist to knock on my forehead before I swatted her hand away.

"Use that brain of yours sometimes." She said with smirk on her face.

I simply shook my head and faced the people in front of me.

There was no point trying to explain anything to Megan. She had an answer for everything.

The silence lasted a good two seconds before Megan was opening her mouth again.

"My feet hurt! How long does it take for someone to walk on a plane?" Megan complained.

Because our class was so large we had to board two different planes. Half of our class was boarding plane 365 with our History teacher and a few chaperons and the others had to wait at least an hour with our English teacher and the other chaperons before the next plane arrived. Lucky for me I was in the group that was boarding now and Megan, Archer, and Blake were also boarding with me. Unfortunately, so were Avery and Cade.

"Could you quit complaining? You're giving me a headache." Avery snapped from behind us.

Before I could say anything to Megan she spun around and was in Avery's face.

"Your entire existence gives me a headache but do you see me complaining?" Megan snapped.

Avery's face turned a bright shade of red and she clenched her hands into fists before taking a step forward.

"Listen here you little-"

"Babe calm down." Cade said, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

Avery glanced at him before turning back to glare at Megan.

"You better watch it. It's going to be a long week." Avery said before she grabbed Cade's hand and yanked him forward, shoving her ticket into the hands of the startled looking woman at the departure gate.

"What was that about?"

I turned to see Archer and Blake standing behind us both with McDonald's bags in their hands.

"Your stupid ex is a complete bitch!" Megan fumed before she quickly snatched the McDonald's bag out of Blake's hand.

"You better have bought my apple pie." She said before stomping to the front and handing her ticket to the woman at the departure gate.

I glanced at Blake who looked completely lost.

Poor Blake. It couldn't be easy being Megan's boyfriend.

I patted him on the shoulder and gave him a sympathetic look.

"She'll calm down after she eats. You bought her an apple pie right?" I asked.

Blake nodded.

"You should be fine then."

Blake just nodded again still looking lost before he stepped up to let the woman check his ticket.

"So, Megan had a run in with Avery huh?" Archer asked after we had our tickets checked.

I nodded.

"Words were exchanged."

Archer shook his head and sighed.

"I'm sorry about Avery. She's been-"

"Bitchy?" I added helpfully.

Archer smirked.

"I was going to say moody but bitchy works too."

I laughed and grabbed Archer's hand as we boarded the plane together.

To say the plane was crowded would've been an understatement. I barely had enough room to walk.

I checked my ticket to see where I was supposed to sit.

Seat 24A.

I walked towards the back of the plane before I found my seat and smiled to myself when I noticed I had the window seat.

I quickly slid into my seat and buckled in as I waited for everyone else to find their seats.

I noticed Blake and Megan a few seats ahead of me and Archer was seated one row in front of me to my right near the aisle.

Obviously today wasn't my day though because a few moments after I was seated Cade was plopping down in the seat next to me.

I turned to glare at him.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked.

Cade buckled his seat belt and got himself situated before he looked over at me.

"I'm sitting down, what does it look like?"

I rolled my eyes before crossing my arms across my chest.

"I can see that dip shit. What I want to know is, why you're sitting next to me? Go find her royal bitchiness and sit with her." I snapped.

Cade raised an eyebrow.

"Her royal bitchiness?"

"Avery." I deadpanned.

"Oh... well as much as I'd like to sit with her I can't. This is my seat and the flight is already full so looks like you're stuck with me." Cade said before turning his head.

I groaned and leaned my head against the window.

This was just great.

A few seconds passed before Cade turned back to look at me.

"I think your boyfriend is trying to kill me with his eyes."

I looked in front of me to see Archer glaring at Cade and gripping the arm rests of his seat so hard that his knuckles were white.

I groaned again and closed my eyes.

If I was lucky maybe I'd get through this flight without Archer committing murder by throwing Cade off the plane.