Chapter 31

Archer's P.O.V.

Dox grabbed me roughly by the root of my hair before harshly pulling me to my feet, his grip tight.

He didn't bother uttering another word as he pressed the edge of the blade he held in his hand into my lower back and then proceeded to push me forward and we silently began to descend the stairs one at a time.

The sound of my feet hitting each step echoed in time to the sound of my blood rushing and my heartbeat thrumming in my ears. 

This was probably it.

I figured I had used up all the luck I was going to get at this point.

There was no getting out of this this time. 

I was only thankful that I was able to find Gemma and get her out of this hell hole before it happened.

No matter how things went down, she was safe and that was all that mattered to me now.

After my feet left the last step my focus was once again forced back on my current situation as I looked at what lay before me.

I was once again in the basement surrounded by all the tools Dox had set up to use for his sick pleasure.

On me.

"Looks like a lot of fun doesn't it?" Dox breathed.

I could actually hear the excitement in his voice.

He really got off on stuff like this. 

Sick bastard.

He pressed the blade into my lower back harder as he ushered me toward the table in the center of the room.

Once I was in front of it, I felt the blade leave my back and glanced over my shoulder only to find the blade pointed right in my face.

"Get on the table."

It wasn't a request.

It was a demand.

Gritting my teeth, I turned back around and looked down at the table before me.

This was where I was going to die.

Of all the ways to die, this was probably the worst.

There wasn't much I could do about it though.

So, instead I took a deep breath before slowly climbing up onto the table and proceeded to lay down on my back.

I felt like a fucking lab experiment, which I guess I kind of was. 

I refused to make eye contact with him as Dox began to walk around each corner of the table securing my hands and feet to each corner.

Before long I was completely vulnerable to whatever this bastard planned to do to me.

The thought did nothing but add to the cold sweat that had broken out across my skin. 

My heart was now beating a rapid rhythm beneath my rib cage.

I tried to ignore the sounds as I heard Dox begin to fumble with something behind me.

The sound of metal clanging against metal echoed around the small room, making me clench my fists.

I tried to control my breathing, trying to keep myself calm but it was no use. 

I was terrified. 

Suddenly, Dox's face was hovering right in front of mine making me jump back, or I attempted to. There was nowhere for me to escape to being tied to this damned table.