Chapter 9

When we first arrived at the hotel I thought the outside was stunning but it was nothing compared to the inside of the hotel.

The first thing I noticed when I walked inside was the gold that shimmered on the black marble floor. The florescent recess lights beamed down, making the floor almost hard to look at. Large white couches that held red fluffy looking pillows were situated in a square around a dark wooden and glass coffee table that held large yellow flowers in glass vases. There was even a small fountain in the wall made to look like a waterfall, where the water cascaded over black, white, and blue rocks before settling in the small pool at the bottom.

Megan leaned over to whisper in my ear.

"I bet twenty that Mr. Frazier is secretly a drug dealer."

My eyes widened before I turned to look at her.

"What?"

"Obviously he paid for this place with his drug money. There's no other explanation."

Megan gasped like something suddenly occurred to her before she grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me violently.

"What if he's a drug lord?!" She whispered harshly.

I grabbed Megan's hands to stop her from shaking me before my brain turned into mush.

"Mr. Frazier is not a drug lord. I mean look at him."

We both turned to look at Mr. Frazier as he struggled to pull his suitcase down one of the steps leading down into the lobby.

"Now does that look like a drug lord to you?" I asked as I turned to look back at Megan.

"Never judge a book by its cover." Megan said as she narrowed her eyes in suspicion while continuing to watch Mr. Frazier.

I sighed and shook my head.

"I bet my thirty to your twenty that he's actually a foreign hired sniper." Archer helpfully added.

Megan scoffed and shook her head.

"No way. He's definitely a drug lord."

"Nope, he's a foreign sniper for sure. He's probably from Alpacastan." Archer stated with confidence.

"That's not even a country." I pointed out.

"Yeah, it is." Archer stated like it was obvious.

"It's the motherland of all things Alpaca related."

"You guys are ridiculous." Blake butted in.

"Finally somebody with sense." I said with a triumphant smile.

"Obviously Mr. Frazier is an undercover agent from England."

Obviously, I spoke too soon.

I stood there and listened to the idiots argue about Mr. Frazier's "secret identity" before I had the sudden urge to pee.

I quickly scanned the lobby before spotting the sign that pointed to the bathroom and hurriedly made my way over to it.

Once inside I noticed that even the bathrooms here were fancy.

I quickly made my way into a stall before my bladder exploded.

When I was finished I had just exited the stall when I heard the bathroom door slam shut.

I frowned and made my way over to the sinks to wash my hands. It wasn't until after I had finished washing my hands and reached for a napkin to dry my hands that I noticed the neatly folded piece of paper sitting on the counter of the sinks.

I grabbed the paper, thinking that whoever had left when I exited the stall had left it behind.

I was horribly surprised.

I unfolded the paper and my heart began to thud rapidly in my chest as I read the words.

It was great seeing you again but I'd love for our next meeting to be face to face. What do you say?

I rushed out of the bathroom and scanned the lobby until I found my class standing near the elevator doors with Mr. Frazier.

I hurried over when I spotted Archer, Megan, and Blake.

Megan smiled excitedly when she saw me.

"Hey! Guess who's rooming together?" She asked with a huge grin on her face that quickly faded when she noticed my panicked expression.

"What's wrong?" She asked worriedly.

I opened my mouth to respond but no words came out. So instead I just lifted my hand that was clutching the piece of paper.

Megan stared at the piece of paper in confusion before she took it out of my hand.

She quickly scanned the words on the paper before she looked back up at me with a frown on her face.

"Where did you find this?"

It took a few moments for me to find my voice before I spoke.

"In the bathroom. Right before I came out of the stall I'm pretty sure I heard someone leaving. Did you see anybody?"

Megan shook her head and looked back down at the note.

"Maybe it belongs to somebody else and they dropped it. I mean it sort of sounds like it could be a long distance relationship type of thing or something. You know maybe some girl is dating a guy online or something and they haven't met yet." Megan suggests.

For some reason I had a hard time believing that.

The way the note was just sitting there. It felt like it was purposely left there...for me.

"Hey, what's going on?" Archer asked, peering over Megan's shoulder at the note in her hand.

I gave Megan a desperate look and slightly shook my head. The last thing I needed right now was Archer thinking that somebody was out to get me even if I already thought it myself. It'd just end up ruining our trip.

Megan hesitated for a moment before she turned around and sent Archer a silly grin.

"I think Mr. Frazier might be cheating on his wife and has a mistress that followed him out here to Hawaii."

"Really?" Archer asks after sending me a curious look.

"Oh yeah definitely! How else do you explain this?" Megan asks, waving the note in front of Archer's face.

"So first he's a drug lord and now he's cheating on his wife?" Blake asked as he stepped up beside Archer.

"I still think he's a drug lord which would totally explain why he's cheating on his wife. I mean being a drug lord is pretty shady business. It's not surprising that he'd have a lady on the side." Megan said, raising her eyebrows.

Blake sighed before wrapping an arm around Megan's waist.

"Babe, I think you need to lay off TV for a while." He said teasingly.

"Shut up! Maybe you need to watch more." Megan said before she playfully pushed him away.

Archer stepped up beside me and placed his hand on my shoulder while Megan and Blake argued over Megan's TV show choices.

"You ok? You look a little pale."

I swallow hard before forcing a smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lie straight through my teeth.

"Are you sure?" Archer asked while studying my face.

I fake a small laugh before grabbing his hand and pulling him toward the elevator doors.

"I'm fine. Now come on, the sooner we go to sleep the sooner we'll wake up and start enjoying our trip."

Archer looked like he didn't believe me and wanted to say so but he let it go anyway and I almost sighed in relief.

I'm just being paranoid. If I don't pay the note any attention I'll forget all about it by morning. Megan was probably right. The note probably did belong to some woman who had some online relationship. That could be the only explanation.

Right?