Chapter 22

I was a bundle of nerves as Dylan drove back to the hotel breaking every traffic law known to man.

Anything less was unacceptable.

We had to find Archer in time. We didn't have a choice because I refused to think about what would happen if we didn't.

I had to get to him.

"Can you go any faster?!" I demanded for what was probably the hundredth time.

Dylan quickly glanced at me out of the corner of his eye, an irritated expression on his face.

"I'm going as fast as I can!" he yelled for what was probably also the hundredth time.

I sighed heavily and tried to keep my shaking legs still but as soon as they stopped my hands started.

I was a nervous wreck.

I saw Dylan glance at me again out of the corner of my eye and was surprised when I felt a warm hand cover both of my shaking ones.

I glanced down at Dylan's hand and then back up at him.

"We're going to find him Gemma." His voice was unusually soft.

I couldn't help the few tears that slipped out and ran down my cheeks.

"But are we going to find him in time?" I asked, my voice shaky.

Dylan gently squeezed my hands.

"We'll find him. Alive and in time." He promised.

I turned so I was fully facing him.

"Don't make that promise unless you plan to keep it."

"I plan on keeping it. We're going to get to him."

I didn't say anything in response, I just turned back forward and watched as the palm trees flew by. I watched people walking, talking, and laughing. None of them seemed to have a care in the world while mine was slowly being torn apart.

***

Archer's P.O.V.

All I had was one hour left.

I had spent the first searching everywhere I could for Gemma.

The problem was I had no idea where I was, where I was going, or where Gemma was or where to start looking for her.

I ran a frustrated hand through my hair. How could I let this happen? After everything we went through I should've knew better. Now Gemma and all of my friends were missing and I only had...

I glanced down at my phone.

Fifty five minutes to find her.

I felt absolutely useless. I had been searching for what felt like forever and I was no closer to finding her than I was before.

She was probably waiting for me to come and get her and I couldn't. What kind of piece of shit boyfriend was I?

I slammed my fist into the nearby wall.

"Fuck!"

I barely paid any attention to my now bloody knuckles. Glancing at my phone again I took a deep breath.

I wasn't about to stop looking for her. I wouldn't give up on her. Not now, not ever.

I was going to find her.

***

Gemma's P.O.V.

After what seemed like an eternity plus some, our hotel finally came into view. What I wasn't expecting was the twenty plus police cars surrounding the place.