Chapter 11

After sitting through at least two hours of torture with Becca we were finally ready to call it a night.

Megan, Dawn, and Becca had already showered and were laying unconscious in their beds and lucky for me Becca was sharing a bed with Dawn.

We had all played rock, paper, scissors to see who got to shower first. Obviously I lost, which was why I hadn't showered yet.

Grabbing my toiletry bag from my suitcase I headed into the bathroom and closed the door behind me before turning on the shower.

I searched the cabinets underneath the double sinks for a towel but came up short.

Groaning in frustration I shut off the shower and headed back out into the room. I made my way over to the phone sitting on the nightstand intending to call down to the front desk to ask for more towels but when I picked up the phone I noticed that the cord had been snatched out of the back.

"You've got to be kidding me." I mumbled before placing the useless phone back on the hook. This had to be at least a four star hotel and their phone didn't work?

I was contemplating on just waiting to go down to the front desk and take my shower in the morning but it had been a long day and I really wanted to wash away the flight.

I sighed and grabbed the room key off the desk before heading out into the hall.

One thing I instantly noticed was how creepy hotels were at night when there was no one roaming the halls.

I walked quickly toward the elevators and pressed the down button.

I shuffled from foot to foot nervously as I waited.

Why was the elevator taking so long?

Somewhere down the hall to my left I heard a door shut.

I glanced to my left but saw nothing but empty halls.

I turned back to the elevator and started violently pressing the down button as if that would make the elevator come faster.

"Come on already." I mumbled.

There was a ding and the doors slowly slid open. I rushed inside and quickly pressed the button for the lobby.

Once the doors slid close again I let out a shaky breath.

As the elevator descended to the lobby I shook my head. I was being really paranoid. Nobody was after me. Someone was probably just leaving their room to get ice or something.

I took a deep breath and let it out.

"You're going to enjoy this trip even if it kills you. There is no one after you." I said to myself.

Unfortunately for me I just so happened to say it when the doors slid open revealing a woman and her small son.

"Ugh, just giving myself a little pep talk." I said as sweetly as I could.

The woman grabbed her son's hand and rushed toward another pair of elevator doors that were open. Before they entered I heard the woman say to her son,

"This is why you say no to drugs Christopher."

Great. Now people think I'm a drug addict.

I stepped out of the elevator and headed for the front desk where a man with short dark hair in a white button down and tie was standing and scribbling something on a piece of paper.

"Excuse me?"

The man looked up at me and gave me a small smile.

"Can I help you with something miss?"