Chapter 25

Archer's P.O.V.

This couldn't be happening.

I ran my hands through my hair in frustration.

I just had to stand there and watch as my girlfriend was dragged off by that psycho.

What was I supposed to do now? Choose between all of my friends and my girlfriend? How could I make a decision like that?

I couldn't do it.

Either way someone I cared about would get hurt.

I didn't even have time to think about what I wanted to do. In less than two minutes my friends would all be dead if I didn't do something.

Glancing back and forth between the darkened stair case and the hallway, I sighed heavily.

I had to make a decision and I had to do it now.

***

Gemma's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe this.

Archer, Megan, Blake, everyone was as good as dead now.

If I had only been able to find Archer sooner.

Sheep Mask's voice interrupted my horrible thoughts.

"Don't worry princess. I'm not a complete monster. The only one who is going to die is that horrid boyfriend of yours. I'm feeling merciful, so your friends lives will be spared."

I continued to struggle against him as he continued to drag me up the stairs.

"Go to hell." I spat.

Sheep Mask chuckled darkly in my ear.

"Don't worry, we'll be there soon."

Once we made it to the top of the stairs I felt Sheep Mask shuffle behind me before I felt the cold sting of metal being pressed against my throat.

Sheep Mask was once again in my ear.

"Now this is how this is going to go. Once we step outside I'm going to lead you to a van. You make a sound and I'll slit your throat. Do you understand?"

I nodded numbly.

"Good girl. Now let's go."

Sheep Mask pushed open the emergency exit and I was slightly disappointed that no type of alarm went off.

Once we stepped outside I saw that we were in the back of the hotel. I noticed a black police van sitting parked not too far away.

Sheep Mask started shoving me as we quickly made our way over to the van.

I was surprised that there were no police back here. Did they just figure that criminals only used the front door? Did they really not expect this nut case to use a back door? That was literally a criminal's main get away.

Like I said, police were stupid.

Once we made it to the van, Sheep Mask used his free hand to open the back doors of the van.

I had to bite my tongue to keep from screaming. Sitting in the back of the van were two bloody and obviously dead police officers.

Sheep Mask chuckled again.

"Oops. I must have forgot I left these two back here."

Sheep Mask shook his head in amusement before shoving me forward.

"Get in."

I turned to look back at him with wide eyes.

"W-what?"

He couldn't expect me to actually get in a van with two dead bodies.

Another rough shove to my back told me otherwise.

"I said get in."

From the tone of his voice I knew he wouldn't be telling me again without consequences.

I bit my bottom lip hard enough to draw blood as I slowly climbed into the van, trying not to step on the bodies.

Once inside I almost gagged at the strong over powering smell of blood.

Sheep Mask ignored me completely as he grabbed the two officers and dragged them out of the van, leaving behind a smeared blood trail across the floor of the van.

I watched as he simply tossed both of them to the ground as if they were nothing and then looked back up at me.

"Are you ready to go sweetheart?"

I didn't even bother answering him. This was just some sick game to him and he looked forward to seeing my reactions.

I just curled up in the corner of the van and glared at him.

Sheep Mask tilted his head to the side as he continued to stare at me.

"So you aren't going to answer me.

I remained quiet.

Sheep Mask shook his head.

"That's fine. I'm sure you'll have lots to say in-" Sheep Mask glanced down at a watch on his wrist before looking back up at me. "Three, two, one."

I frowned as I wondered what he was talking about when all of a sudden a roaring boom shook the entire van, causing me to be thrown to the side.

Horror washed through me like freezing water had just been dumped onto my head.

I watched with wide eyes as the bottom windows of the hotel completely blew out causing glass to rain down everywhere.

Smoke soon followed and then I could hear the screams. I could also see the faint glow of what looked like the beginning of a fire.

The bomb had went off.

Sheep Mask cocked his head to the side and chuckled. "Well would you look at that. I guess the bomb worked."

Before I could even think of a response, he had closed the door bathing me in darkness.

After that all I could do was lean my head against the side of the van and gently place my hand on it.

"Archer." I whispered in horror, and then I felt the van being started up.

Silent tears started to fall and I felt a sob building up and begging to be released from my throat as the van started to move forward and I was once again taken away.