XXXV. Songs for Olivia, Part 2

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

ANYTHING 4 U — LANY The way I wanna love youIt's time that you should know this

ANYTHING 4 U — LANY
The way I wanna love you
It's time that you should know this

JULY, 1994.
TWELVE MONTHS BEFORE.

AS SUMMER PASSED them by, the teens of Sunset Curve managed to book several gigs on the club scene of Los Angeles. Fortunately, their strategy of playing behind and in front of nightclubs seemed to work and not a lot of club owners cared about having underage performers on their stage.

However, their pursuit of greatness didn't come without its faults. The more shows the band played, the less they were at their respective houses. Their parents, save for Reggie's and Alex's (considering they were too busy to notice their absence or simply didn't care), didn't like that fact so much, especially since they refused to tell them what they were up to. For all they knew, the kids were robbing banks every night. This, of course, caused a lot of strain among their relationships, but it's not like they could flaunt that they were going to nightclubs all the time.

So to quell their parents' concerned hearts, Sunset Curve took a weekend away from each other and stayed at home.

Olivia was working on a song in the garage, her mind miles away from her body. With the hectic schedule of Sunset Curve suddenly halted, she was forced to face her feelings. Things between her and Luke were still confusing and she didn't know what to make of it. They weren't friends, but they certainly weren't dating. They knew they liked each other, but they've never said it out loud. They acted like they were dating and, god, how Olivia wished they were. What she would give to be able to kiss Luke whenever she wanted, to hold him, to love him. He was all she could think about in the quiet of her peaceful weekend and every word she wrote down was for him.

A part of her broken mind was screaming that Luke didn't like her like she thought he did. It had been months since their near kiss, and nothing had come from the conversation they had when they made up. If he liked her, he would've asked her out by now, right?

But the argument went both ways.

Olivia knew she didn't have to wait for Luke. If she wanted, she could call him right now and ask him on a date to spare herself the trouble. The only problem was that she was scared of rejection. Fear ran her life and while she was getting better at living freely, the nagging voice in the back of her mind got the better of her each time she reached for the phone. Perhaps Luke was scared of rejection like she was.

Everything was a mess, so Olivia wrote and wrote until things began to make sense again.

The door to the garage opened and Mikey walked in with a nervous expression on his face. Olivia looked so concentrated that he almost didn't want to disrupt her. The key word being 'almost'.