XXXVII. What a Wonderful Thing to Be Young and in Love

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

THIS IS HOW YOU FALL IN LOVE — JEREMY ZUCKER & CHELSEA CUTLERThis is how you fall in loveLet go and I'll hold you up

This is how you fall in love
Let go and I'll hold you up

OLIVIA LOVED HER friends, but if any of them ever asked her to go to a wedding that wasn't their own, her answer would be a stone cold no.

The ceremony was long and boring, the minister's voice was drawling, and the happy couple didn't even write their own vows. If Olivia was excited for anything other than the dinner reception, it was the vows. She wanted to see what two people who loved each other would say. But instead of grand descriptions of love and promises of forever, she got the standard 'in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer'. Don't get her wrong, those vows are great (after all, they're standard for a reason), but she wanted to hear something more heartfelt. Perhaps it was just the hopeless romantic in her.

Cocktail hour consisted of hors d'oeuvres and socializing with Bobby's new extended family. Jenny seemed to be the youngest of her family, so the six teens were subjected to a lot of adults wishing to relive their youth by questioning them about things like their love lives or what they planned to do when they were older.

After dinner was served and the speeches were given (Bobby's best man speech receiving the loudest applause, curtesy of his bandmates), the dancing ensued.

Bobby had blackmailed one of his cousins into supplying him with alcohol from the bar which meant that he and Reggie were drunk off their asses. Alex refused to touch another drink, still traumatized by his tabletop performance on New Years, and Luke was driving so he was sober as well. Olivia wasn't drunk, but she did have a shot of tequila after Bobby persuaded her to. All the adults turned a blind eye at the teenagers underage drinking. It was a wedding after all, no need to cause a scene.

"Hey," Luke said to Allie, placing a hand on her arm and leaning closer so she could hear him over the music. He glanced over at his friends on the dance floor. "Are you sure you're okay to drive them home later?"

Allie gave him a look. They've gone over the plan countless times, but Luke's nerves still haven't settled. "Don't worry," she said reassuringly. "I'll take care of your boys. You take care of your girl."

He smiled gratefully before leaving her side and making his way to his bandmates.

Olivia's eyes lit up when she saw Luke walking towards her and she reached out for him. When he was close enough, he took her hand and spun her around. Her dress flared out around her legs and brushed against him as he pulled her in. Her back was pressed against his front and his arms locked around her chest. His chin rested on the top of her head and she could practically feel his smile.

"We're gonna head out now," Luke said to the other boys.

Reggie scrunched his eyebrows. "Leaving so soon?"