XVII. Moving Day

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

HYMN FOR THE WEEKEND — COLDPLAY Oh, angels sent from up aboveYou know you make my world light up

Oh, angels sent from up above
You know you make my world light up

REGGIE PETERS HAD many talents. He could play bass like no one's business, make the crankiest person smile even on their worst day, and juggle like he had just run away from the circus. But one talent he kept hidden away was his affinity for art. Ever since he was a kid, he was interested in creating art. As he grew older, he graduated from scribbling on walls to playing bass guitar, but the love he had for visual arts never faded. So in his free time, when he wasn't with his friends or his parents were fighting and he needed a distraction, he took it upon himself to create the new logo for Sunset Curve. It had taken him a few tries, having restarted whenever he felt like it wasn't perfect, but after a while, he finally decided on one that he liked enough to show someone.

"This is really good, Reg," Olivia praised, looking up at him as they walked through the hallways of their school. The final bell had just rung and the halls were full of people. She struggled to stay beside him due to the influx of teenagers rushing to get home, but managed to give him a reassuring look.

The paper in her hand had Sunset Curve written on it in a ragged font. There was a sun drawn above the word 'sunset' and the E of 'curve' mimicked the road the band was named after. It was simple enough to be easily replicated, but unique enough to stand out. It was way better than the cover art CJ came up with. "I love it."

Reggie's eyebrows raised in surprise. He had never shown anyone his art before and while the logo was one of the simpler things he's come up with, he was still nervous about her opinion. "Really?"

"Really." Olivia chuckled and nodded her head. "I think it's perfect."

As they turned the corner and approached the trio standing in front of locker 754, she put the paper in her pocket for safe keeping.

"Oh look, it's my favourite loiterers." Olivia gave Alex, Luke, and Bobby a teasing smile as they moved out of her way. "You know you don't have to wait for me at my locker right? I can meet you at the car."

Luke playfully rolled his eyes, wincing slightly due to his black eye that has yet to heal, and watched as she shoved her books into her backpack. "So we like spending time with you, sue us."

While this was true, this wasn't the reason they waited for her at her locker everyday. Ever since the incident with Jason earlier that week, the boys were worried that he would try and approach her when she was alone. So their simple solution was to keep her within their sights at all time.

Olivia shook her head and shut her locker door. The five teenagers walked side by side down the now empty hallway and made their way to Bobby's car. Today was the last day they would spend painting Sylvia's bakery. The task took longer than they originally anticipated, resulting in multiple trips to the shop after school. But after today, they'd be done and they'd finally get to move their instruments into Olivia's garage.