XXXVI. Or Forever Hold Your Peace

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

I WRITE SINS NOT TRAGEDIES — PANIC! AT THE DISCO What a beautiful wedding!

What a beautiful wedding!

SEPTEMBER, 1994.
TEN MONTHS BEFORE.

THE SUMMER MONTHS had been kind to Sunset Curve. Slowly, but surely, they were making a name for themselves among the community of undiscovered musicians in LA and it was only a matter of time that they'd get their big break.

This week was one of their slower weeks, the only gig scheduled for them was their weekly show at Sonny's. Because of this, Olivia found herself spending more time at the bakery helping her mom, which none of the boys argued against as long as she brought them left over treats.

It was midday on a Tuesday. Luke, Bobby, and Bobby's girlfriend, Allie, were all walking towards the bakery. Bobby's father's wedding was only a week away, the couple not wanting to waste time on a lengthy engagement, and as best man, Bobby was sent to check on how the dessert catering was going.

The wedding was still a sore subject for Bobby to think about. A part of him hoped that it would fall through at the last minute and he could forget that Jenny ever came into his life.

He brought Allie along for moral support. Luke claimed to be there for the same reason, but all three of them knew he tagging along so he could see Olivia.

Bobby was slowly starting to regret letting him come because as much as he loved Luke, he didn't want to listen to his ramblings about Olivia. For the past hour, Luke had been grilling the couple with questions about their relationship in hopes to learn something.

"What did you guys do for your first date?"

Bobby turned to his friend with a flat expression. "You know what we did for our first date. You helped me plan it." He reached for Allie's hand as the trio turned onto the street that the bakery was on. "Besides, I thought you've already had your first date with Livy."

Allie nodded, her braided hair swaying as she did. "Yeah, didn't you go to the pier?" she questioned, remembering how Bobby mentioned it in passing. "That's a good first date."

Luke let out a dramatic sigh and looked to the sky. "It wasn't a real date," he stressed. "We were practically babysitting, and I never asked her on it. I just said 'it's a date' when she called me and we haven't spoken about it since."

"Oh, that complicates things a bit."

"Can you talk to her for me?" Luke asked, giving Allie the most hopeful smile he could muster. "Please? Ask her what she thinks the perfect date is?"

After Bobby brought Allie to the studio to formally meet the band, she and Olivia immediately hit it off. They bonded over their mutual love for Duran Duran and Olivia found her hobby of photography very intriguing.