Bonus - Reminiscing, Reunited, and Related

( bonus #2 ! )
IN WHICH OLIVIA IS MISSED AND THE BAND REUNITES

HOPE UR OK — OLIVIA RODRIGOI miss you, and I hope that you're okay

I miss you, and I hope that you're okay

2020
TWENTY-FIVE YEARS LATER

ALEX DIDN'T KNOW what to do with himself. Time was moving too fast for someone who had all the time in the world and he couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that so much had changed in such a short period of time. One moment he was standing across from Olivia in the mid-90s, and the next, he was talking to her cousin's daughter twenty-five years later.

Questions swirled around in his brain and he needed answers. He needed to know what happened for the sake of his own sanity, because this, what he was currently living through, made no sense.

"I think he's practicing his model strut."

"He's so nervous, he's almost making me nervous."

Alex stopped his pacing and turned to his bandmates. He fully expected to see Olivia sitting beside them, but was met with an empty space, causing him to frown.

"Okay, look," he said, shaking himself free of his brief moment of heartache. "You guys know I don't handle change well. Death? That was a change, okay? Then we became ghosts. Alright? Another change. And... and now we can be seen whenever we play with Julie. Big freaking change!"

Luke and Reggie shared a quick look. "Yeah, but, bro, it was a good change," the shaggy haired guitar player argued. "With Julie, we can play on stage again and be the band we never got to be. Come on, I mean, you gotta be down for that."

Of course Alex was down for it. Drumming was probably the only thing that made his mind settle down, but he liked knowing things. And he wanted to know how any of this was even possible. "Yeah, who wouldn't be? I just..." His voice faltered. "I wanna figure out why."

"Forget why," Luke exclaimed, dismissing Alex's concerns as he stood from the couch. "Man, I say we invite Julie to join Sunset Curve."

"What?" Alex stared at him with a look of disbelief.

Reggie, on the other hand, was all for it. He stood from the couch and patted Luke's arm in excitement. "Yeah, totally," he nodded. "I mean, like, think about it. With a new singer, this band would be legendary!"

"Hey!" Luke frowned. "I'm our lead singer."

Alex shook his head. "Guys, wait," he said, trying to get the pair's attention.

Reggie failed to notice the blond's attempts and continued, "Dude, it's gotta run in the family because that girl has the voice of an angel. And she can make us visible! Without her, we're just like elevator music."