Worry - 26

Don't forget to vote and comment!

***

I immediately remove my hands from Tessa's waist and take a step back. I start to panic, not knowing what to do. I have to think quickly. I grab Tessa's bag and take her hand in mine. I immediately drag her out of the arcade and get her in my car. I don't wait until she's buckled up or anything, I just start the car and get out of the parking lot as fast as I can. As I'm leaving, I look in the mirror to see a small crowd running out of the building we were in a few seconds ago. I sigh, relieved that these fans are finally out of my sight. I feel anger building up in me, joining the fear and sadness. I need some time to think and calm down before talking about what happened to anyone.

"Hum... I'm just going to drive around a bit..." I tell Tessa, looking straight ahead to not let her see my emotions. I don't really know where I'm heading or even if I'm heading somewhere. The atmosphere in the car is cold and awkward. We're both in complete silence, thinking to ourselves. I end up going back to her apartment. Without saying anything, she gets out, probably thinking that I'm going to go in with her. However, as soon as she's out, I press on the gas pedal and leave, without telling her anything. I can't deal with all of this at the same time, I need to be alone. I'm overwhelmed and I don't think spending time with Tessa is the best idea if I don't want my anger and stress to blow up in front of her. I decide to drive back to the dorms, I think that the guys aren't there right now so I'll have the place to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What the fuck was that!? Jungkook just left me there, on the sidewalk, without saying bye or anything. I get into my apartment and go sit on the couch, blankly staring at the wall out of astonishment. I wasn't able to think in Jungkook's car, there was too much tension. What happened at the arcade was... unusual. Honestly, I don't know what to think about it. I understand that there's going to be some consequences to us getting caught but I don't know how bad it is. The worse part is that I don't know how Jungkook's feeling. He didn't tell me anything and his face was completely emotionless. It was my first time seeing him like this, he looked scary. I mean, I can presume that he feels scared and angry, and probably sad too... He must be overwhelmed but that's not a reason to just ditch me on the side of the road and not even tell me where he's going! Worried, I try to call him. It rings a couple of times before getting to voicemail.

Hi! You've reached Jungkook. I'm not available right now so please leave a message!

I hang up and try calling him again... nothing. I call a third and a fourth time and leave a message after the last ringtone.

"Hey baby, it's me, Tessa. I don't know where you went and I'm kind of worried about you. Call me back, please."

Let's hope this works... I decided to take my mind off of this whole thing and study instead. I have a few classes in which I'm struggling and exams are coming up so I need to be ready. I take my notebooks out and play some music to help me focus. The first 15 minutes of my studying go by pretty smoothly but after that, I can't stop thinking about Jungkook. I can't stop checking my phone to see if he called or texted me. I can't help but think about how he must be feeling. I'm scared he might blame himself for what happened. He might think it ruined the date and that it was his fault. He must be so disappointed and angry at himself. Maybe he thinks I'm mad at him. I don't want him to beat himself up, I hate it when he does that. I understand if he doesn't want to talk right now or want to be left alone but I won't let him isolate himself. We don't have a lot of time left before he starts being extremely busy again so I want to at least be physically close to him. Even if he doesn't talk to me or touch me or even look at me, I'll be near him for both of our comforts. I then grab my school bag, my house keys, and my phone before dressing up and heading out to walk to the dorms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hear a knock on the door so I get up from the dining table and go open the door.

"Hi, Tessa! Come in!" I say as I see who's standing outside. She looks preoccupied but knowing a bit about Jungkook's state, something must've happened with her involved. When Jungkook came in, he looked pissed. We all know that when Jungkook's feeling like that it's better to leave him alone until he comes to us by himself. He probably doesn't want to see Tessa either.

"I'm sorry Tess but I think Jungkook needs to be alone for now," I add as I sit on the couch and turn on the TV.

"I know... I just really need to study and I... I don't know, I guess I was too worried to concentrate alone at my place... Can I study here? I think I'll be able to focus better."

"Yeah, of course."

She nods. I let her install herself on the dining table, where I was sitting earlier.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I ask her out of politeness.

"Hum, water please."

I smile at her and go to the kitchen. I bring her back a tall glass of water. I then sit next to her and try to make conversation to relax her a little. She looks so tense and stressed out...

"So, what are you studying for?"

"Hum, I need to study for my science exam, my maths exam and my English exam."

"Oh, do you need any help?"

"No, thanks Jiminie."

She opens her books and takes out everything that she needs. Seeing that she still isn't able to relax, I stay next to her and take a look at her notes. Instead of actually starting to study, she just fidgets with her pen and bounces her leg.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask.

"I want to see Jungkook... I'm scared that he's blaming himself for what happened..." she says, her voice trembling a little. She looks down at her thighs and sighs. Since Jungkook didn't really tell us what happened, I'm a little bit confused.

"What happened, Tess?" I ask again, making sure I don't sound demanding or panicked.

"We were on a date, at the arcade, and some fans saw us and brought everyone's attention to us," she answers quietly. "Nothing bad happened to any of us, or at least physically..." she adds.

When she tells me that, I start to get nervous too. I know the media are going to have fun with this story... I still keep a calm facade to not worry Tessa even more. As an answer, I just hum and nod, not knowing what to say exactly.

"How's Jungkook? Do you know?"

"Well, I don't know if he's doing better right now but he came in here like really angry, or more like frustrated. He was crying and had his fists clenched and everything. He straight up went to his room and screamed in his pillow for like a whole 5 minutes..." I say calmly, not to alarm her. Her head jerks up and her teary eyes look at me. I know my goal was to not alarm her but I feel like she deserved to know what's really going on.

"I knew he was angry but I didn't know it was that bad..." I see a tear fall down her cheek. She wipes it with her sleeve.

"Don't cry, Tess. It's not your fault."

"I know... I just hate it when he feels like that and that he doesn't want to talk to anyone about it." More tears fall down her cheeks and I don't really know how to react so I just look at her with an understanding and caring gaze. She lets a few other tears roll down and then wipes them.

"I need to see him, Jimin... Is he in his room?" she asks. Normally I would try to convince her to wait a little bit but it's Tessa, she's what Jungkook needs the most right now, more than alone time. I just nod and watch her walk away.

__________________________

A/N

Hey guys! I hope you are all doing good and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I hope you got to read my new novel, Fallen Angel! Stay safe and take care of yourselves! I purple you!

💜💜💜