Breaking News- 17

Don't forget to vote and comment!

***

Only 5 days left, Tessa. You can do it. My heart feels heavy as I draw another cross on my calendar. These last two days without Jungkook have been torture. I have no motivation for school and all I want to do is call him all the time. There's no time difference between Seoul and Osaka but I still feel like I'm bothering him every time I hear his voice through my phone. I feel so alone even if I have Jen and Liz by my side. Yesterday, they both decided to stay with me until Jungkook came back, which I'm very grateful for.

Today's a pretty calm day since I only have one class and it's from 7 pm to 9 pm. It's now 10 am and the girls already left to go on a date, so I decide to finally start getting ready. Since I want to be productive today I decided to wear something that makes me happy. I put on my white tennis skirt, a white button-up shirt, and one of Jungkook's sweater over it. I quickly clean my room up since the messiness has been piling up for two days. I then take my things and install myself on the kitchen counter to do my schoolwork.

I've been working on and finishing a few essays for three hours now. It's time to let your brain breathe so let's take a break. I decide to order some food so I grab my phone and do so. As I wait for the delivery person to knock on my door, I scroll through Twitter. For once, my timeline is pretty calm so I take the opportunity to just chat with a few followers. I finally get my food and start eating. I was about to take the last bite of my meal when my phone rings. I quickly put the food in my mouth and check the caller ID. It's Jungkook. I almost choke as I answer, making my boyfriend worried.

"Woah, are you okay babe?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I'm just really surprised that you called me at this hour."

"Well I'm on break and I know you have a late class tonight so this is technically the only time we have to talk today... Anyway, what are you doing?"

"I just finished eating. I've been working on some stuff all morning so I guess I can say this is my break too."

"That means you're doing better than yesterday. I'm glad."

He seems relieved to know that I got a bit of my motivation back. I told him that I was feeling down these days so he really does a great job at bringing my mood up.

"What about you?"

"Well, we just finished an interview. It was pretty boring, almost only Namjoon hyung talked. Otherwise, I'm great!"

"That's good, I was so scared you might start to get sick."

"Yeah..."

We both know how dangerous our situation is so talking about this makes us feel extremely anxious. It takes a few seconds before the conversation starts again.

"What are you wearing today?"

"What?"

"I asked wh-"

"Yeah, but why?"

"I don't know, I'm curious."

I see where this is going but I don't worry about it too much. I decide to just play along.

"A white tennis skirt, a white button-up and your blue sweater you left me."

"Cute."

"Thanks, I thought so too."

We both laugh at that. The call then gets cut short because Jungkook has to go. He has another interview coming up and he needs to get ready. He has so much to do since they had their comeback not too long ago. I sigh and get back to my work. A few hours pass and I need to get going to my class. I pack a few snacks and take my ice coffee from the fridge, which is going to be necessary if I want to stay focused in class, and head out. I get there right on time and sit at the back, not wanting to be bothered. The class starts.

It's now 9:08 pm and I'm walking down the stairs to meet Liz outside. She doesn't want me travelling alone at night so she's always there to pick me up. Jen is with her this time.

"Hiiii!"

"Heyy! Let's get back home, I really need to take a shower."

"Don't worry, I'll drive as fast as I can."

Her jokes aren't always funny but I still send her a smile. I hop in the backseat and head home. a few minutes into the ride I realize that I still had my phone turned off. I always turn my phone off when I'm in class to avoid getting distracted. As soon as my phone turns on, I'm flooded with I'd say hundreds of notifications from Twitter, making my phone unstoppably 'ding'.

"What the..."

"What's up?"

"Nothing, I just received like probably 300 notifs from Twitter... I'm kinda worried. What if something happened to Jungkook?"

Liz and Jen exchange a look and Jen indicates me to give her my phone.

"You're definitely not gonna cause a scene while I'm driving. You'll be able to check it at home."

I sigh. She's the driver, I can't refuse her command. She's right anyway, if I make a scene now it could get us in a car crash and we don't want that. I hand over my cellphone and stay quiet. My mind, however, is thinking so fast I can't even understand myself. I unconsciously bit my lip and start tapping my foot out of nervosity. We get home and go sit in the living room to watch TV together. I remember that I have to take a shower and that Jen has my phone so I take it back and head to the bathroom.

I go in, start the shower and hop in. I then put my pyjamas on and, as I was about to grab my toothbrush, a loud 'ding' coming from my phone catches my attention. It's Twitter again so I finally decide to check what's been going on. The first tweet I look at is from Dispatch.

'BREAKING NEWS: BTS' Jeon Jungkook has been spotted walking hand in hand around Osaka with a mysterious girl. We also saw them kissing but we weren't able to get clear shots of the kiss. We also weren't able to get pictures of her face but we are definitely able to identify Jeon Jungkook in the pictures below. They show...'

I scroll down the article to find HD pictures of a very happy Jungkook holding a stranger's hand. He seems to be laughing at something she said. Seeing proof of the author's words makes my heart shatter into a thousand pieces. My hands start to shake and my legs are about to give up on me. Tears start rolling down my face and into my silk pyjama top. I weakly walk to the living room and just stand there, shoving my phone in the girls' faces, sobbing and crying like a baby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's 10 pm and I just finished a photo shoot. I get in one of the cars with Tae and decide to text Tessa to see if she's still awake. Once my message sent, I impatiently wait for her answer. It indicates that she read the message so I'm worried about what's taking her so long to answer.

"Hyung, look."

I show him my phone with a worried look.

"She usually responds right after she saw the message..."

"Maybe she's busy or-"

Hyung's cut off by the writing bubbles popping on the screen.

"Oh!"

I grasp my phone tighter, hoping for a normal and unworrying answer. The bubbles keep indicating that she's still writing. This goes on for the whole ride until I get back to my hotel room. The bubbles then disappear and appear again, and disappear again. Worried, I try to call her.

"You have reached Tessa Greens. Please leave a message after the tone."

I hang up and try to call her again. Nothing. I then call Liz and Jen. Nothing again. I try to calm down by taking a shower but it doesn't work. I tell myself that they probably all went to sleep and that she'll answer me tomorrow. It's now 11 pm and I should already be asleep. I have to get up early tomorrow so I decide to go to sleep. I drift off while thinking about Tessa...

__________________

1415 words