Part 1: Eyes of Danger

It was so cold that night.
I looked up at the stars in the black sky.
No cloud in sight, but it was sprinkling snow.

Everything was odd.

That didn't matter now of course, because I was ready to get drunk and forgetful.

"Woooo!!!" I shouted, twerking against one of the bodyguards.

My best friend, Yolarie, whom I called YoYo looked back at me from the man she was talking to, shaking her head in amusement.

She wasn't much of a drinker, and neither was I, but tonight was one of those nights where I just needed to let loose.

In the middle of my twerking fest, however, I broke down in tears and the bodyguard backed away, confused as hell.

"James! Jameees~" I started to wail embarrassingly.

Yolarie looked around, and quickly hurried to me. Thank goodness she didn't take as many shots as I did. "Girl, he's gone. He fucked up alright?"

I fell to my knees, giving into the emotions in my drink. "I love hi-"

Yolarie fixed her glasses, the beads on the end of her blue braids clacking as she grabbed my arm, forcing me to stand, "Oh hell no you don't. Is this who we are? Go dance against some other man."

I looked at up her pitifully. She was so tall and strong for a woman, and her beauty made all those ends meet.

Sometimes I wondered if she was just my friend or my actual mother.

She slapped my ass, "Go on now!"

I sniffed, "Okay..."

•••

[15 hours ago]

"Get the fuck away from me!" I pushed James as he tried to hold me.

"Baby, I didn't mea-"

"Shut the hell up! You slept with her!!"

He got quiet, "I... I-"

I threw my engagement ring at his face.

"I'm never trusting love again. I hate you!"

He rushed to me in tears and I slapped the mess out of him. I couldn't stand betrayal. I didn't have an ounce of forgiveness in me for it.

"Never again," I said, my heart racing and head spinning.

"Never again," I repeated under my breath as I walked out the door, slamming it loud enough for heaven to hear.

[Not so long after]

TV: A reported murder has been casted on Dixon street. The killer is unknown, but the death was supposedly by the name of-

My heart pounded,"No...n-"

TV: James Walker.

I turned the TV off.

He's dead?

He's really dead?

I slid off my sofa and hit the floor, crying and screaming.

He did me wrong, but I felt like it was all my fault.

The guilt. The anger. The pain. Even joy.

Every emotion rushed through me and it was too much...way too much.

Is death something every sinner deserves?

And now... here I was, hoping to cope.

In the worst possible way, of course.

•••

[Present Time]

I clumsily walked in my black speghetti strap dress, my heels rocking from side to side, before they stilled and I looked down to see myself standing on a large ass boot

I backed away slowly, "Heyyy~" I slurred.

I wish I hadn't looked up, because the eyes that met mine weren't drunk, they were murderous.