Part 14: Shattered Heart

(⚠️)

•••

"He did nothing to me," I cried

"He cheated on you, Zyla!"

He looked so angry. I didn't even know how to respond. It wasn't his problem, yet he sounded so hurt.

All I could hear was nothing.

The silence was growing too loud and it was starting to scare me.

I shook, hearing my heart beat in my ears, "He loved me..."

"That's not love, Zyla. People that love you don't betray you."

"And what would you know about it? All you do is take from others!"

He looked at my sore eyes, "Zyla..."

"It was my fault he cheated," I wiped my tears. "I wasn't enough. If I was, he wouldn't have done that."

I started to bite my lip to keep it from quivering and he placed his hand behind my neck, bringing my face to his.

I hadn't noticed it until now, but a strip of his hair was abnormally white, and those few strands fell over his cold diamond eyes.

"Don't say that shit again. People like him are worse than any sin."

"You're no better! You think killing is better tha-"

He kissed that lip I loved to bite so much, and I let out a quiet moan before pushing him away. "Stop..."

"Only if you do," he said and tried to kiss me again, but we both came tumbling to the floor.

I slapped him repeatedly, "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!"

He rolled over me and held my wrists down, looking at my painful expression, "Hate me then, but I don't regret shit. I don't, and I won't ever."

I looked at him breathlessly. I just wanted to disappear. I hated it here. "Why?"

"Because he can't hurt you anymore!"

My mouth parted a little as I stared up at him.

"I know he did more to you and it's not okay," he panted. "Men shouldn't go breaking a good woman's heart."

He knew it all. The abuse. The women James brought home that wasn't me. Everything...even if it was something I couldn't see.

I tried to jolt up and hit him again but I couldn't budge. I didn't want to hear this. It hurt.

"It's why you hate your brother. It's why you struggle to trust anyone new. You're always being backstabbed and you don't deserve it, Zyla."

"I do..." I hiccuped.

He placed his head to mine, "You don't."

I blinked back the tears.

He had silenced me.