Part 22: Do or Die

"So you're telling me you've been working as a stripper for the man who almost killed me and you were assigned to catch the man who ended up catching you and now we're both on the front lines about to die

"So you're telling me you've been working as a stripper for the man who almost killed me and you were assigned to catch the man who ended up catching you and now we're both on the front lines about to die."

I literally couldn't say a word.

"I need to slap the shit out of you. Valerian type shit."

"Yeah..."

Yolarie pushed me over and started slapping my ass.

"Stop it!!" I whined.

"Can't even do some gangsta shit on your own," she backed away and shook her head, fixing her glasses.

I poked my lip out. I had never heard her cuss so much in my life.

"Do you still love me?" I held her arm, giving her the duck lips.

"Halfway."

"Break it up love birds. We're here," the driver said.

Yolarie pulled at the thong in her ass, "I can't fart in these strings."

I shook my head, "Oh lord have mercy."

The door opened and we both got out of the lemo.

The club was still open, but there was some construction being done to the part that caught on fire.

I was trying not to think about it.

Why was I hoping that he was okay? After everything he's put me through...

I touched the pendant around my neck, starting to frown.

"Zyla?"

I blinked, "Sorry. Coming!"

• • •

I fastened my legs around the pole and leaned my head back, rotating slowly as I closed my eyes.

All I could see was him.

This little time being apart from him felt like forever.

What if he was caught?

What if his time was up?

"She's the best one the club has to offer. A pretty thing. Completely elegant with it," I heard Duggard say to a newcomer.

He was hoping my brother would show.

I tried to tell him Valerian wasn't stupid, but I was quickly wrong.

I heard that smoker voice loud and clear, "What the hell."

I twirled to my feet and tried to hide behind the pole, which obviously didn't work.

"Yo ass a stripper?!  If you don't go put on some damn clothes. You oughta be ashamed of yourself."

Yolarie went over from her station and punched him square in the face.