Epilogue 🌹🕰️

[Play the song]

• • •

I ran out the door and down the porch with my arms wide open, "Nigel poo!"

My daughter was close behind, "Daddy!"

Nigel ran towards me and picked us both up, spinning us around, "My girls!"

He planted kisses on both of our heads before squeezing us one last time, setting us both down.

"Daddy play tea party with me!" Cocoa jumped up and down, pulling his sleeve.

He pet her head, "I will after I eat, okay?"

"Okay!"

We both smiled down at her and started walking back into the house, but she didn't follow.

A paper airplane flew in front of her face and she quickly picked it up and hid it behind her back when I turned around.

"Are you not coming inside yet, Cocoa?"

"I'm going to play outside a little longer!"

I smiled, "Alright, not too long now."

She nodded, quickly running to peek behind one of the trees and found that same man dressed in black just leaning there.

He smiled when he heard her approach.

"I got more flowers, lookie!" she held up sunflowers and the paper plane he threw towards her.

He took the sunflowers, putting a finger to his lips as he knelt down and gave her a rose.

She gasped quietly, "It's so pretty! Thanchu mister."

He stood up and smiled before turning to leave.

"Will you come back tomorrow?"

He shook his head and she frowned.

He turned back to her, kneeling to meet her eye, and held up five fingers.

"Five hours?" she titled her head.

He shook his head, smiling.

"Five days?"

He nodded.

"Okaysies!"

He stood up and bowed.

"You're like a knight," she giggled.

He pointed at her and placed one of the sunflowers in her hair.

She gasped again, "I'm the princess?"

He winked and she jumped up and put her arms around his waist.

He hesitated, then gave her a tiny pat on the back, before leaving immediately.

"Cocoa what are you doing over there??" I called out.

"Nothing mommy!" she ran to me, looking back to see that the man was gone.

• • •

I watched as a black bird flew alone in the sky over my head.

I had always felt like I was being watched over by an angel of some sort.

I was so happy these days. I thought it'd be impossible to find such a peace again.

First James, then Titus...and now Nigel.

Third time really was a charm.

I fiddled with the pendant around my neck and kissed it before dropping it into the river.

"Broken clocks...they're now fixed," I whispered.

Nigel rubbed my back, before taking my hand, "You sure you're alright with this?"

I saw that same black bird hover beside the moon and smiled to myself, "Yeah."

It's what he would've wanted.

Living day by day.

With no worries.

Just taking my time and enjoying however much of it I had left to go.

• • •

Yolarie laughed and picked up Cocoa. "You're getting so big girl! How old are you again?"

"Five!"

She gasped, "No way. Can you believe that Launi?"

Yolarie had moved on as well.

She looked at her wife, who nodded and held up lollipops, always spoiling my daughter with sweets I've never approved of.

Time really does fly by when you're having fun.

Nigel gathered all the huge bags and went over to kiss my lips.

Bless his shoulders because he looked like a walking hotel cart right now.

"Are you sure you don't want me to hold anything?" I asked him.

"You just worry about holding that baby, sweetheart. I'll be alright."

I put my hand to my stomach as I felt a tiny foot kick within it, "If you say so, big guy."

He chuckled.

Cocoa twirled around in her sundress as she sucked on her lollipop, a rose in her hair.

She'd always come back inside with a rose in hand, I couldn't help but wonder how she got them when there wasn't a rose garden nearby.

We all walked outside and started to get into the car.

For some reason I couldn't get that ticking sound from that one room in the club castle out of my head.

I hadn't been back there for as long as I could remember.

I got into the passenger seat and looked back at Cocoa, realizing the pendant I threw into the river was around her neck.

Of course...

I smiled to myself.

I saw that same bird hover in the sky, then recognized a shadow in my side mirror.

My breath caught.

It nodded before waving and vanishing into blue dust. Gone for good.

Nigel shut the trunk and got into the driver's seat, starting the car. "Everyone ready for the ride?"

I put a hand to my heart happily, "I'm more excited for the journey."

Tick. Tock. Stop.

• • •

Author's note:

Author's note:

🎶One taught me love, one taught me patience, and one taught me pain🎶 but one gave me all three 🎶

Moral of the story: Don't step on nobody's shoe.

Nah I'm playin.

I honestly had no idea what I was doing when writing this story and will probably delete it and rewrite it later when I actually outline a plot, but I enjoyed the laughs and tears with y'all.

Remember to live everyday with a smile and make your time here worth while. Don't be afraid of love or trying new things!

Love ya babies so much and thanks for the support❤️

Bless you.