Part 10: Dance of Sin

(Aherm peoples, prepare y'all bibles and repent after thish or granny will getcha, mmk?👵🏾⚠️)

•••

Why did he leave me here? All exposed. Lost. Alone.

I held myself and started to slide down the wall to sit until a man with a beer odor came to me with heavy lidded eyes, "Are you dancing tonight little lady?"

At least he didn't touch me, I thought.

"No, actually, I'm ju-"

He took six one hundred dollar bills out of his pocket, "Come on, just a little spin?"

Okay, maybe I could give him some moves.

I looked at all the other strippers doing upside down twirls.

Nuh uh.

If that's what the man expected, he best bet his money on a different girl.

Even as I thought this, I knew I had a mission. To be a distraction.

I sighed and walked up the steps to approach a silver pole, already attracting attention. A purple light started to glow over me and I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself.

For Yolarie, I thought.

"Oh! This one's pretty!" I heard a man call from in front of the stage.

I grabbed the pole with one hand and dropped low to the floor slowly as I took my hair tie off my curl-pressed strands.

I felt paper slide under my heel within a second. I smirked.

Maybe not so bad.

I wasn't in gymnastics, but I could rock that body for sure.

I put my back against the pole and belly danced as I rose up, swaying my hips circularly with the sensual music filling the building.

The audience began to shift their attention my way as I started to get in the rhythm.

Little did I know Titus was watching me the whole time.

Of course he wouldn't miss this show.

I climbed the pole and tilted my head back, feeling, as well as breathing, the air. It was stained in scents of beer, steel, and perfume. Maybe a little spin wasn't so bad...

I felt free.

When I landed back on the floor, I bent my back a little and winked at the crowd.

The amount of money thrown at me was sinful.

Some men started chanting, "Lap dance! Lap dance!"

My eyes widened. I was out of breath.

Damn even dancing was an excercise.

"I'll give you one thousand!" one shouted.

"I'll give two grand!" another shouted.

One deep voice seemed to hush them all.

"I'll give her ten times that."

They all parted like the red sea and Titus walked through the valley to come up on stage to meet me.

What was he doing?

He pulled a chair behind his legs and sat back, man-spreading. I saw his evil smile appearing underneath his hood.

"Come on good girl," he whispered as he looked up at me and spread his arms, "treat me like you hate me."

I went to straddle his lap, grabbing his neck as I started to grind against his pants, "You have no idea how much I hate you."