12.

Hinata flopped on his bed, groaning loudly. He was tired. He just wanted to sleep. But he couldn't. Because today is the day he's picking up Mocha, his cat. He adopted her when she was just a baby. He was in his late third-year of highschool at the time.

It was pouring. Hinata guessed a storm was coming soon. Not wanting to be late, the ginger started to run home. But stopped abruptly when he heard the sound of meowing.

Curiousity getting the best of him, he looked around and noticed an out-of-place box on the sidewalk. He looked inside. There laid a small, white and hazelnut brown kitten, laying on its side, shaking vigorously.

'It must be cold.' Hinata thought to himself. 'Poor thing.' Huh. Since when was the last time he had sympathy for something.

Hinata picked up the small kitten, who was no bigger than the palm of his hand, and put the shriveled thing in his jacket, in hopes of keeping it warm.

When he got home, he put the kitten on the couch and went around the house to find the warmest blanket he could. He went back downstairs, carrying a fluffy Totoro blanket a friend got for him. He wrapping it around the small kitten, who was, fortunately, still alive.

And ever since that day, Mocha was one of the most important friends Hinata ever had. She made Hinata happy when no one couldn't. She listened. She comforted.

And Hinata couldn't be luckier to have her.

-

"Mocha!" Hinata called out. A flash of white came running towards him. He stretched out his arms and the white and hazelnut-colored creature jumped right into his arms, meowing happily. Hinata laughed cheerfully as Mocha licked his face. "Okay! Okay! I missed you too."

"Oh, so you came to pick her up?" Izumi asked as he peeked from around the corner. Hinata nodded. The pinkette handed him all of Mocha's toys, food, her leash and collar, and her cage. Saying their goodbyes, Hinata left. The entire train ride back, Mocha stayed still in Hinata's jacket. Although she was a cat, Hinata has noticed she's smarter than most humans. Probably the reason she's lived so long, and she knows how to not draw attention. Once they got off at their stop, Hinata put the collar and leash on her. She yowled in protest, "I-...I know you don't like the...the collar but if I don't-.....they're gonna think your a stray if you go off on your own!" Hinata said, finally getting the collar on. "And they don't allow strays on campus." Mocha glared at him and he just sighed in return.

-

Hinata flopped on his bed, sighing happily. He's taken a bath, gotten something to eat, finished his assignment, and has one of his best friends in the world living with him.

And just as he was about to go to sleep, Mocha maneuvered herself into the crook of his elbow. Hinata snorted, before kissing the she-cat on her head. "Love you Mocha." The creature just sent a loving mewl in response.