33.

Hazel eyes stared straight into the reflective surface of his cup. They stared back, mockingly. With a saddened sigh, he pushed away his cup. His grandmother reluctantly grabbed the cup and poured the water out. She glanced at him worriedly from over her shoulder as she washed the dishes.

He had been staying at his grandparents' for two days now, without so much as word of goodbye or a note to his..whatever, he hasn't decided whether he considers them friends or not.

A plate was set in front of him. He glanced up, it was his sister. She was still dressed in her school uniform, so she must've just came home. "You haven't been eating much lately." She simply stated, turning away from her gloomy brother.

He hummed in response, uncaring for the food at the moment. His thumb brushed over his phone. "So you're Natsu's brother." Hinata jerked away from this new voice that just now presented itself.

"Sorry if I startled you, I'm Toyama Yumiko," she said, stretching out her arm. She stood there for a bit, as if expecting Hinata to take her hand. Natsu eventually came over to cut through the awkward tension that had just risen up.

"S-sorry about her, this is my school friend and the official setter for my team. I've told you about her, right?" Natsu asked. Hinata nodded, giving the brunette a side glance.

"You seem really tired, are you? You're also slouching a lot, and your not eating your food. Isn't it a bit rude to not accept food that was given to you?" Hinata ignored her questions, but she kept persisting, "You don't seem very sociable. Or likable. You don't have many friends, do you?" With every word, Hinata grew more and more irritated.

"Also–" Natsu covered the taller's mouth with her head, smiling nervously, "Sorry Sh-Shouyou..she's usually so quiet at school. But it seems she's like this to every Hinata family member." Their grandmother watched in worry. Thank god their grandfather wasn't her, or he would just be throwing more water on an already extinguished fire.

"Oh yeah, he's the absolute worse." Ah, spoke to soon.

"He's a fragile little coward, who always needs protecting." Hinata shrunk in his seat, "He's also a faggot." Disgust laced the old man's voice like venom, his words like daggers. And boy, were they stabbing Hinata, making the ginger bleed with unimaginable shame.

"Your mother should've aborted you when she had the chance."

"Jorou!" Their grandmother exclaimed.

Hinata shot up at that, staring at the man like his words shaked his entire world, "What the hell does that mean?"

"I don't think he needs to know–"

Jorou returned his intense gaze, "Your mother and father were young when you came into their life. They were both probably still graduating highschool when we found out she was pregnant."

Hinata's mouth was now an indifferent, line. He listened listlessly, "Both your father and insisted on getting rid of the baby but your mother was hellbent on keeping you, for what reason I have no idea–"

All of a sudden, the door swung open.

And the next thing they know, Hinata running out the door, to who knows where. Again.

Jorou hmphed. "Coward."