29.

Hinata hummed as he read through a random book he pulled off the bookshelf of the school library. He was  just soaking in the sweet silence.

"Hinata, hey!" Well he was. He looked up, Bokuto molten-yellow eyes meeting his hazel-brown ones. Bokuto leaned down, trying to look at whatever the ginger was reading. And he was close, too close for comfort. Though Hinata didn't really say anything about it, "Whatcha reading?"

Odd. Extremely odd. "It's just a combination of some random stories. Though, now that I'm reading it, it's mostly bedtime stories, except not?" Hinata said. Bokuto looked at him, confused. Hinata sighed, he didn't quite know himself, he petted the beanbag next to him. Bokuto took a seat.

Hinata opened the book to a random page and started reading. Bokuto listen with great interest. He never realized how calming the smaller's voice is. "You should make a podcast, your voice is so charming," is what he wanted to say. But he decided to not interrupt. After a while, Hinata grew a bit suspicious. Bokuto was quiet. Uncharacteristically quiet. The only thing Hinata could hear coming out of his mouth were his steady breaths.

"Bokuto," the taller looked at him, "You're being way too silent. It's unsettling." Bokuto blinked, surprised and confused.

Then he smiled, leaning closer to Hinata, who just backed further away. "Hinata-kun, were you worried for me?"

Hinata flushed.

"Absolutely not." he growled, closing his book and pushing the silver-top away. Of course, Bokuto decided to follow him, endlessly teasing Hinata about him being "worried" (to which Hinata will promptly denied as "I was just skeptical!").

————

Lunch time rolled around, the endless chatter of students in the cafeteria bounced off concrete walls. Special talk of the Spring Dance and who's going with who. And Akaashi couldn't help but listen.

"Hold on, are you really going to ask Kizume to the dance?" One girl asked. Akaashi recognized the name. She's a friend of Hinata's, isn't she?

"Yeah! She's so cool! I hope I get a chance! What about you?" She said, turning towards her other friend. The girl blushed profusely, stuttering over her words, "I was thinking..a-about a-a-asking...Hina...ta.." the other two gasped, shocked at the girl's boldness.

"Hinata Shouyou??" The girl nodded.

Was Akaashi's grip always this tight?

"I know he's a good person underneath."

The other two sighed once again, "Honestly, I think it's hopeless. He sure he's quite the looker, but he's quiet and reserved. And he rarely ever speaks to his classmates. I bet he doesn't have many friends."

"I see him talking to those volleyball boys from time to time, and Kizume as well. Even Eito sometimes."

"Whoa! Really? Maybe they've made up and became friends again!"

Akaashi wanted to laugh, if sending glares that could scare even the toughest man and spitting out so many curses that even the bravest sailor to shout "Language!" is 'made up and became friends again,' then he would hate to see what them being enemies would look like. And sound like.

'Ask him to the dance!'

'He'll only reject you.'

Oh, but of course, let's not forget the two parts of Akaashi's brain arguing non-stop as the Dance gets closer and closer.

What a life he lives.

(Sorry if this isn't as good, I'm a bit tired right now and wanted to get something out. I'll rewrite this when I get the chance.)