8...trying to find a new normal

You walk out of the bathroom with your dirty clothes and see that there is a pile of neatly folded pajamas in front of the door. You look up to see Jin's back turned to you as he was measuring the amount of “white powder” into small plastic bags.

    “Thanks Jin,” you say with a small smile on your lips. 

You can’t see his entire face but you can see enough of it to see that he has a gentle and saddened smile on his face.

    “Your welcome, Y/n,” he says in a soft loving tone, “I’ll help you wrap them when you dress.”

‘Them?’ you thought. Oh yeah...You look at your arms.

You get changed and walk out to where Jin is seated. You stand next to him and he stops his measuring and dividing and looks up at you with a smile.

    “All done?” he asks. You nod your head, and he leads you to the kitchen table. You sit down and wait for him. He walks off for a minute and comes back with a first aid kit. He takes out disinfectant and hydrogen peroxide. You let out a groan.

“Jin..it burns when you use that.” you whine weakly.

“But it helps it heal faster,” he replies. He puts a cloth underneath your arm as he pours the peroxide on it. You flinch slightly, as it sizzled in your skin. Re does the same for the other arm and uses a wet rag to wipe it off. 

    “I'm going to rap it now.” he informs you. You nod and hold your arm out for him. You gently place his hand on your arm and place the gauze. He begins to wrap it around your arm. You feel his delicate touch and it reminds you of when you two were just children.

    “Hey… isn't it kinda funny?” he smiles.

“Hmm?” you look at him.

    “When we were little you used to be the one patching me up.” he laughed. 

You smile, “Yeah… you were such a baby,” you giggle.

    “I was not! I was just sensitive. And I was just an easy target I guess.” he says with a teasing tone.

    “Yeah. Remember when I made that kid jump into the pond with my quirk, when we first started middle school, cuz’ he knocked you over in the hallway.” you say with a smile.

    “Yep. remember when we had to apologize to his parents, afterwards.” he said while rolling his eyes.

    You both giggled. And then you both stopped after a bit. He began to wrap your other arm with a sad look.

    “We have a lot of memories together Y/n…” he mumbled, “why can't we make more together?”

    “W-what?” you asked a bit shocked.

“The past few years have been horrible for you… and I remember when I always saw you covered in bruises all through elementary and middle school. And even now.” he said, “and I wasn't there to protect you or when you needed me cuz I wasn't able to get into UA with you….”

    He looked at the cuts on your arms. He gently puts his fingers on your wounds and he activates his quirk. You sit there in silence for a moment before he deactivates it. 

    “Why don't you ever want me to heal you….” he asks with a sad expression.

“I don't deserve to be healed…” you answer. You put your already wrapped arm up to his face and cup his cheek in your hand. He put his hand over yours as he looks up at you with tears in his eyes.