12.....what now?

[Kiri's pov]

I stand there in defeat as I stare into the night sky. They got away...again.

I turn my head to see aizawa on the ground calming down. Vlad King holds him by his shoulders looking him in the face. I sit down and lean up against the store's window.

After almost half an hour, they finally get Aizawa to calm down and he apologizes for the inconvenience. He walks over to me and sits next to me.

"We'll meet you guys back at UA. go on ahead without us," he tells the rest of the staff. They nod and start to walk off. He looks back at me and I just turn my head. Im exhausted. I don't even have the motivation to say anything. It's getting dark and the air is turning cold.

"Kirishima..." he starts. I look over at him and I can't even say anything. I open my mouth but nothing comes out.

"It's ok. Well get her next time." I nod in agreement. My eyes are glossy, I feel like I'm about to cry.

"I was close...she would have came, if Hound Dog didn't try to ambush her like that." I snap.

"You're right. She probably would have. But I think that boy she was with would have intervened somehow. We are going to look into it; try and find some information on him.," he sighs, "we looked into Y/n's background. She's had a really tough life. We questioned her mother, but didn't get much out of her. But i'm almost positive that Y/n is going to try and defend her mother, and that boy no matter what. She's very powerful, and we can't seem to keep any close tabs on her."

"She's a good person. She just needs some guidance! I-if we can find her and not scare her off; we...we can get her some help!" I say.

"Do you have any idea where we can find them?" Aizawa sensei looked at me.

"No...but i know where they met up, when Y/n bought the drugs," I state.

"We can go there and try to find a way to track her from there. We should head back though. It's getting late," he says. I nod and he helps me up.

We begin to walk in the direction of the school. It's a bit awkward at first. But it didn't take me long to get used to the quiet. All you could hear was the tapping of our shoes on the sidewalk.

"S-so...um" I look over to him, "what happened back there?" I ask.

"I'm not really sure. But I'm guessing that that boy had some kind of terror quirk," he stayed quiet for a moment, "when we made eye contact I didn't even think of using my quirk. He was intimidating and I sensed that I was in some kind of danger. And before I knew it..."

I look up at him, waiting for his next remark. He rubbed the back of his neck and let out a deep saddened sigh.

"When i was younger i had a best friend. And when we were on our petrol during our work study...there was a villain attack. And he was crushed to death by some of the rubble from buildings that the villain had destroyed. And I-" he stuttered, "I couldn't get to him in time."

"I...I'm so sorry..." I say.

"It's ok. That was a long time ago, and it couldn't be helped," he looks at the ground almost looking defeated.

We walk in complete silence once again, with nothing but the sound of our shoes clicking on the sidewalk. It was awkward. Incredibly awkward, in fact.

I hesitate, but I open my mouth to speak. "Do you really think we can get her to come back willingly?" I start, "a-and what do we do after that? Are you going to lock her up? And what about Jin? I don't know how or why, but he's a huge part of Y/n's life. And he's really important to her," I blurt.

I hadn't even noticed that I was fiddling my fingers, and getting anxious. He stopped in front of the UA dorms. I look up and notice where we are. Have we really been walking for that long? How are we already here?

"Kirishima, we're heroes. We'll get y/n to come back and we'll get her help," he said. He put his hand on my shoulder, "everything's going to be ok. Just trust us."

I give him a weak smile, "Ok. I trust you." with that, we walked inside.

[your pov]

You stand there at the counter with Jin. he's cutting veggies while you basically do everything else.

"Hey, what...what is it like in rehab?" you ask quietly. You see that in the corner of your eye, that all movement stopped.

"Y-y/n. What are you talking about?" he asks in a bit of a nervous giggle, and starts to slowly chop the veggies again. You turn around and look at him. You take a deep breath in. Kirishma's word playing on loop in your head.

"i-I don't know...but like," you start, "i think that maybe i do need help. I'm scared Jin," once again he stopped cutting the veggies and looked at you. It almost looked as if his heart was torn out of his chest. His expression was so ridden with sadness and grief. You look away, "My classmates know everything, my teachers know everything. My mum...." you pause and take a deep breath, "Jin, I'm trying really hard to stay out of my head. But the voices..." your eyes water. Jin puts the knife down and pulls you into his chest, while stroking your hair.

"Shh... it's ok. They're not real. They can't get you," he reassures you. He continues to comfort you, and by doing so you felt less worried and less afraid.

Do to so much past trauma you had over time developed an 'imaginary friend.' it just wasn't so friendly. You would see it as yourself. Another version of you, but different. It looked less human, almost as if it were a realistic puppet of some sort. It would show up and tell you everything you didn't want to hear everything you didn't want to believe. She would tell you how worthless and useless you are. That your mother shouldn't have had you. That your entire being was a mistake. That everyone would be less troubled if you weren't in their lives.

The worst part is, no matter how much better things got, you could always hear her voice. You might not see her at times, but her voice rings out so loud in your head.

"Jin... if we get found, we'll be separated. You'll go to jail, I'll be sent away. What happens then?" you ask, "what happens when all of this was for nothing. What...what happens when i lose you..when we get found, i won't be able to go back to school, you won't be able to walk freely. Things will never be the same," you say hastily.

You were looking down at the ground now. But when you look up at Jin's face, you see his sad and worried expedition. Almost like a child that's been caught doing something they weren't supposed to.

"Jin... what are we going to do?" you ask. Jin looks directly into your eyes and gives you an almost delusional smile of hope.

"W-we can run away," he says. Your heart dropped at the thought of running away. Jin was always one to be unrealistic, but this.....

Word count: 1351

(A/n: hello people! I hope your enjoying the story! Im working on another story at the moment as well as this one. But if i were to post the other one would you read it? Its a Reader x Dabi story. The updates would be slow but i think some people would like it! Ok, that's all. Bye bye now! Don't forget to vote!)