42... Courage

[your pov]

"Jin?!" you called.

"What?" you heard him say through the other side of the door.

"Just making sure you didn't leave me," you said, relieved.

"I'd never leave you Y/n," he mumbled.

"WHAAT???" you called again.

"I said hurry your ass up." he called, "We're gonna be late."

"Ok, I'm ready to go!" you say opening the door and running past him, "Come on don't be slow!"

He follows close behind you and the two of you make your way to U.A. Once you get there the anxiety starts to set in.

"Oh jeez..." you say quietly as Jin stands next to you. You stand there and grip onto the sleeves of your uniform and take deep breaths.

"Hey, it's okay. It's just a big door," he says slightly smiling.

"It's what's behind the big door that scares me."

"I know," he hums in response. And with that he takes your hand and slides the door open.

You don't know why, but despite how ready you were to face your classmates, all the mental preparation wasn't enough to get you ready to feel what felt like 20 different emotions. In the 10 seconds it took Jin to open that door.

You took a deep breath and put your head up high as you walked into the room with Jin's hand in yours.

"Why good morning Y/n, glad you decided to join us," Aizawa said as he greeted you.

"Yes good morning!" you said.

"She's back."

"Is that that one guy?"

"Is she allowed to be here already?"

The whispers are so loud....

You turned to the class and felt the anxiety rush over you, and it lingered on your skin making you want to throw up. You squeeze your eyes shut and take a deep breath to speak, but nothing comes out, your mouth is open and you have nothing to say. You stand there in a panic,

"What do I do, what do I say, how should I act?" you think, "I'm scared."

"I...eh--" you struggle, and grip onto JIn's hand out of pure reflex.

"Hello everyone, My name is Jin Masuda. Please just call me Jin. I am a close friend of Y/n and as of today I will be joining your class as a transfer student, and I hope that there will be no problems with my presence in this classroom, along with what I'm sure was Y/n's long awaited return," Jin said with nothing but a chest full of confidence, "I'm sure that Aizawa has informed you about the situation, and that there will be no problem."

You stood there and just looked over at him, his chest was moving slowly as he was taking deep slow breaths. He was scared to...but he was still able to formally introduce himself.

"Uh... yes. I'm glad to be back and I hope that we can continue how it was before, and that you openly accept me back into your class."

"Welcome back Y/n! As class rep I will make it my goal to make sure that you have a comfortable return," Iida says loudly.

"Yes, welcome back," Kirishima says with a proud smile.

"We are all very happy that you will be joining us," Aizaiwa says as he looks at you, "And we are glad to welcome a new student with such potential. Please take your seats," he says as he looks towards the empty seats in the back.

You nod to him while you and Jin make your way to your seats, releasing his hand before you sit. You felt the eyes on you as you walked to your seat, but being able to have Jin with you made all the tsunami stress seem like nothing but light rain.

Aizawa taught his lesson and before you knew it, that was already one class out of the way. And then the next went, along with the other, and then the next. What would have normally been an exhausting and draining school day, was suddenly just a few hours of a lecture that wasn't stressful at all; all because this time around, you had Jin right by your side.

And before you knew it, it was over and it was time to head to the dorms.

"Uhhhhg!" Jin groaned as he stretched, "God I haven't done real school in such a long time... Jeez you must have abbs in you brain with all the thinking you're used to doing."

You let out a laugh as you sling your bag over your shoulder, "Well I wouldn't say that."

"So we're going to go back to the dorms now?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well you are, I have my other classes after school days now, " you explained, "Today is the first session."

"You're going to make me walk back by myself!?" he gasped.

"What no of course not!" you answered quickly, "You have Kiri!"

"My ears are ringing," Kirishima said from behind you, "Hope you're not saying anything mean Y/n."

"Hi Kirishima!" you say happily. You give him a smile and he pats your head.

"Red." Jin says, crossing his arms.

"Jin." Kirishiam responds.

"Okay well I have to go, don't want to be late to the path of recovery" you awkwardly joke, "Get back safe you guys, and be nice to each other," you call out as you walk out the door.

[Jin's pov]

"Okay well I have to go, don't want to be late to the path of recovery" Y/n jokes, "Get back safe you guys, and be nice to each other," she called out as she walked out the door.

"Okay, lets go," Red says as he motions for me to follow, "Also we are walking back with the gang so don't start anything with anyone please, and just try to be nice."

"What do you mean? I'm always nice," I say with a smirk.

"Sure you are. Come on, I'll introduce you," he says as I follow him through the door.

Don't forget to vote and comment!