16.....numb

[still bakugo’s pov]

“Clear!” a man yells. I can feel the intercity of the situation radiot off of the room, and the fear and worry begins to set in.

The monitor remains flat as Kirishima's eyes are locked in on the door and he’s shaking, on the verge of a panic attack. I pull him into my chest and he covers his ears sobbing into my shirt. I hug him tightly as I listen to the monitor stutter back up with more frantic yells and terrorizing sounds of the clicking shocks and volts of the defibrillator. Soon it's quiet and all I hear is the steady beat on Y/n’s heartbeat, and Kirishima's quiet sobs and sniffles. I put my hand on the back of his head, and pat his hair.

    “Hey… it’s ok. She’s going to be fine, so you don't need to worry,” I tell him.

“I-I’m such an idiot!” he says, “how could I let this happen!? If I would have just manned up and told her how I felt the day everyone told me to, maybe she would have stayed, instead of going to meat that stupid Jin!!” 

    “Kirishima...it’s not your fault, she was doing it long before anyone even knew, and long before you could have done anything to talk her out of it,” I reassure him.

    “It's not your fault...you know that Ei…” I whisper.

[your pov a few hours after]

    It’s quiet...and you can't seem to open your eyes as easily as you should be able to. You take deep breaths in and out as you start to become more aware of your surroundings. You can hear a mellow beat of the monitor. You open your eyes fully letting them adjust to the light of the quiet room as you wince. You turn your head to realize that you have an oxygen mask on. You look down at the IV’s in your arms, and follow the tubes up to the bags of liquids that have a slow but steady drip to them. You try to move, still unable to because of the restraints you’re in. 

    You don't even try to get out or struggle, you’re so exhausted. It feels as if you can't even move, or find the motivation to move. So you simply just put your head back onto the pillow of the hospital bed and let the tears fall. This was it. You ruined everything. You'll never see Jin again, your chances with Kirishiam are ruined, your mum is going to kill you….maybe even for real this time. You'll never be able to build your reputation back up after this...Everything….It’s all over. You can never go back to how things used to be. The tears start to stream faster, and more fluently, but that's all. Your heart doesn't ache, your breath doesn't hitch, and you don't even have any emotions plastered on your face. You feel nothing. 

    “How pitiful…” you look over at the voice. And there she is. Sitting in a chair staring at you with her sick twisted smirk plastered on her face. 

    “You look so pathetic and weak..” she giggles, “does this mean I’m the winner...I finally proved that I'm the better half of you.”

    You look her up and down. She looks exactly like you. But it's all in your head, you know that. So you just turn away and fix your eyes back on the ceiling. 

    “Aww… don't be like that,” she gets out of the chair and comes over to you, looming over your being, “How could you… you got Jin in such a pickle!” she says in a giddy little voice. You furry your eyebrows trying your best to block her voice out, and to your surprise.. It did. You look around the room and she’s no longer there, you’re all alone. You should be proud...but nothing happens. You don't really care about anything any more. 

    You look at the doorway, and to your surprise Aizawa was standing there. 

“How are you feeling?” he asks, walking over to you and sitting in the chair the other had sat in only moments before, “You've been unconscious for almost five days now.”