Wait, He's Your Brother?

A/N Written by @Lisa-Sina-912. This is a three part story.

Dedicated to my_corner2k19.

Like father like son. This phrase is probably one of those that are used the most often to describe the Stark boys. But you have to admit that it can never be overused when it comes to the Starks.

There are many hints and traces of Tony Stark's apparently superior genes that his offspring had inherited. Putting aside all the infinite number of minor ones - such as the unhealthy habit of staying up until late, the sassy snarks that always laced their voices, or their despise toward carrots - one that shone the most was their high intelligence without a doubt. Tony Stark was one of the greatest geniuses of the century, if not the entirety of modern history. Harley Keener Stark was an engineer by nature. His potato gun series had long been the talk of the Stark family. And it didn't take long for Peter's level of intellect to come to the spotlight.

Peter had always had a fairly high interest and comprehension in science and related fields. Of course, his grades were all high in the overall range. It was just that he had an especially exceptional achievement in his education in science to the level of the public school curriculum not being able to cover it anymore. The only reason that he was attending an ordinary high school was that his foster parents just didn't care enough to provide adequate support.

Thus, it wasn't surprising in any way when Peter spent most of his time in the lab area than any other part of the tower after moving in. There were many, many perks of having a billionaire superhero as father and guardian, such as no longer having to survive with minimal food in a growing teenage body, having a much softer bed with better quality pillow and cover, and being able to quit a crappy part-time job. Yet, the most exciting thing for Peter is now having a lab he could easily access whenever he wanted to. It was like he had found a playground that he never even imagined he needed.

Now that he was done working a diner job, he had a whole day to himself - and the lab was an easy choice for him to use all the time he now has. In fact, if he was not sleeping or having meals, he could be found more often than not in a far inner corner of the workshop, quietly working on something while listening to music through his headphones.

"Even I can't stay in there that long," Harley said. He was sitting on the couch in the living area with his phone in his hands.

Peter was just walking out of the elevator, heading for the kitchen for a brief snack. He gave a shrug as he kept walking into the kitchen. It didn't take more than a few seconds for him to find a pack of Pringles and return to where Harley was playing his mobile game.

"How can you stay put in there for a whole day?" Harley said without looking at him after Peter plopped down on the other side of the couch.

Peter shrugged his shoulder once again as he opened the lid to the long can and poured out a couple of chips into his hand.

Harley was by then used to how "talkative" Peter is and thus didn't deem the lack of a verbal answer as a problem.

"What'cha working on in there?" He asked.

Peter was munching on the potato chips. As he did so, he seemed to be thinking about how he should answer.

"Just... stuff," he said.