Boogie Woogie Woogie pt 1

A/N Written by @Timpaxew. Plot minorly changed.

Peter was getting fed up with trying to simultaneously find a way to stuff his overfilled english folder back into his locker, and get it through Ned’s stubborn head that Tony had at no point secretly adopted him. Ned would have been the first person he told if he was adopted by a superhero. Peter struggled for something to say, before scrambling and trying to change the subject.

“Listen dude, he did buy me that new lego set, we have to build it together next time we hang out?” Peter said while finally managing to find space in his locker for his tattered folder.

“Dude. Im not letting you avoid this,” Ned was sending him the biggest shit eating grin from behind his own books.

“Iron Man bought you a lego set,” Ned huffed a laugh, “dude, you’re life is so wild, and by extension; my life is wild.” He sarcastically patted Peter on the head. “So thank you for that,” he added, a smile in his words.

“It’s not that wild, it was a congratulatory gift for winning decathlon last month” Peter shrugged, shutting his locker.

“He bought the whole team pizza afterwards too. He’s such a soccer dad,” Ned laughed, “I can't believe my best friend’s dad is Tony Stark.”

“Stop saying that!” Peter scoffed. “He’s my.. mentor?” Peter didn’t mean to put it there, but there was undoubtedly a question hiding somewhere in that sentence. “He’s just my mentor,” Peter tried again, hoping to sound more confident than he felt.

Ned coughed, and if it sounded suspiciously like ‘father figure’. Peter refused to notice.

“Besides, Clint says he buys stuff for all the Avengers,” Peter added after a second.

“Yeah, to show his love for his family,” Ned corrected, doing a wavy motion with his hand. “You know, the Avengers.”

“He’s not-“ Peter started, “he doesn’t care about me that much.” Peter shook his head, “He has more important stuff to worry about, like… Iron Man stuff.”

“You did call him dad,” Ned adjusted the books in his arms. “Literally yesterday,” he added matter of factly.

“Dude-“ Peter scrambled to defend himself, “it doesn't count.”

“Sure, Jan,” Ned quoted, leaning against the locker.

“I didn't even say Dad,” Peter scrambled for some semblance of an excuse. “I said… Clad, like ‘oh, it's Tony. The man Clad in Iron, my mentor’ you know?”

Ned made a wheezing sound in the back of his throat. “Clad?” He repeated, “And you didn't say dad two weeks ago either, you said ‘glad’ because he’s just a real happy guy, that Tony Stark, the iron clad man.

“Dude,” Peter definitely didn’t whine as he shut his locker.

Ned sent a mocking frown at him, “Oh, Petey, are you sad?” he laughed at Peters glare before continuing. “Well don't get Mad. Im sure this joke will only be a Fad.”

“Ned, stop” Peter laughed, running a hand through his hair “You're making me very Dad right now.”

“Egad!” Ned yelped, before it fell into laughter.