First Job

A/N Written by @inkinmyheartandonthepage. Plot minorly changed.

"Hey sweetie," Aunt May called as Peter came into the apartment, locking the door behind him. "How was your shift at Delmar's?"

Peter dropped his backpack and flopped down on the couch and closed his eyes. "Good."

A hand carded through his hair and he squinted to look up at his Aunt looking concerned. "Are you sure?"

When Aunt May had found out that he was Spiderman she had been furious. It had taken Peter to explain what had happened to his trip to Oscorp and a few demonstrations, Tony to back up his claims and assure May that he had designed Peter's suit and that he was 100% tracking and monitoring him and Pepper to calm May down and really sell it that Peter was okay.

To continue being Spiderman May had put some ground rules.

Peter's grades were not to fall in anyway.

He had to be home before three AM NO exceptions. Two AM on a school night.

If he was responsible enough to fight crime then he was responsible enough to have a paying job.

So, Aunt May had called in a favour at Delmar's and this is how Peter wound up working two shifts a week at the little diner every Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.

Peter had enjoyed it at first. It was great to have a small responsibility that didn't mean life or death. He had picked up quickly and with his heightened reflexes and senses Peter was good at it.

Ned often came by on his shifts and would order a sandwich and work on his homework and it was nice and it was normal – especially after everything that he had been through recently.

It had been fun. At first.

Then Jackson had started working there on the same shift and Peter hated his job.

Peter had welcoming at first and had happily showed Jackson the ropes like Mr Delmar had asked. Not even ten minutes into his shift and Peter had nearly burned his hand twice on the grill because of Jackson and had the new nickname that made Penis Parker seem like a compliment.

"Okay," May said. "Do you want some lunch before Happy picks you up?"

"No," Peter wasn't hungry after what Jackson had done to his sandwich today. Jackson had put a fried dead frog as a meat substitute and Peter had taken a bite and spent his break throwing it up.

"Make sure you take your homework with you," May said.

Peter sighed and heaved himself up into the sitting position. He moved slowly to his room and by the time he had gathered his homework and spider suit Happy had text him to get in the car.

"Hey Happy," Peter greeted, sliding into the car.

"Buckle up, Kid," Happy said.

Peter did as he asked and pulled out his phone while Happy merged into the traffic. Peter pulled up his Facebook and started scrolling through his feed, hoping that something would grab his attention while they drove.