Devlish Looks and Not So Big Reveals

A/N Written by @me_again. Original story titled The Big Reveal, minor changes throughout the story.

The Avengers were in Hell's Kitchen.

Again.

Matt balled his fists and stalked around his apartment as he argued with himself. He was no condition to fight. Apparently his training and bullet resistant armour was nearly useless in a fight with an actual tiger (don't ask).

Matt was punctured in multiple places, but more importantly he had a badly sprained wrist. The armour was amazing. It was the only reason that wrist was still attached to his arm, and it had taken the brunt of the tiger's claws across his entire body, sparing him hundreds if not thousands of stitches.

Unfortunately the armour was now a total loss. Melvin didn't have any of his special fabric laying around, so he was starting the uniform from scratch (no pun intended). On the bright side, the way the armour had shredded gave Melvin ideas for improvements, so the new suit would be even better. It was still weeks away though.

Matt stopped pacing as the latest update was announced. It looked like the Avengers had cornered the Big Bad with their unknown weapon in a building here in Hell's Kitchen. Of course they had. Then Matt began digging through his closet with a curse. He couldn't sit by while another piece of Hell's Kitchen was destroyed.

×××

Captain America stood impatiently next to Black Widow in the old gym they'd adopted as their temporary base. Iron Man and Hawkeye were doing reconnaissance while Falcon and Thor ushered more civilians to safety. Bruce was sitting this one out.

Finally the other team members arrived.

"Any idea what the weapon does?" Cap asked.

"Nope," Hawkeye replied. "They're staying low inside the building. I can't get eyes on them."

"There's nine separate heat signatures and they're all wonky. We could be dealing with something like Extremis," Iron Man growled. "We need to hit them fast and hard."

Black Widow showed a schematic to Cap. "If we place explosive-"

"No explosives in my city!"

Daredevil was pleased by the startled reaction as he leapt from the ceiling into the ring. The climb was agonizing with his damaged arm, but he nailed the landing. "And Hawkeye if that arrow damages the canvas I will kick your ass."

"Daredevil?", he asked incredulously.

Matt kept his head down and sighed.

"This is a new look for you," Black Widow smirked.

Matt was wearing old worn jeans and a navy hoody. Apparently at some point his back up gear had also been mangled and he hadn't replaced it. He didn't even have another mask. He knew the lighting in the ring would keep his face hidden as long as he was careful. He didn't know the lighting also nicely highlighted the fit of his Levi's.

"I approve," she purred.

"It's laundry day," Matt answered dryly. "But I knew I'd need to clarify the rules for you all again. No explosives. And you'll have that door fixed before you leave," he nodded to the entrance.