Nightmare

A/N Written by @inkinmyheartandonthepage. Plot minorly changed.

"Mr Stark?"

Peter's voice echoed across Titan, bouncing off the carnage of what had once been a beautiful planet, clinging to nothing. He stumbled as he looked around, searching for something, anything.

"T-Tony?"

He walked, legs heavy with exhaustion but his heart pumping so loudly in his chest he could feel it pulsing in his ears. He stumbled over the debris, sniffing loudly.

"Tony?"

A strangled gurgle and Peter's head snapped to the left. He moved quickly across the ground, falling to his knees, feeling it scrape at his skin but he didn't care.

"Dad?" Peter gasped.

Tony's head lolled to the side, eyes slightly vacant as he looked at Peter, his breath sounding wet in his mouth and lungs.

"Dad? Are you okay? What's wrong? Dad?"

"Kid," Tony coughed, wet and ugly and so not good. His head rolled back, away from Peter, and his eyes started to droop.

"Dad? What-" Peter started but cut himself off when he saw that Tony's body's was starting to disintegrate.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no."

Peter's hands hovered uselessly as Tony's body started to fade into ash. Tears welled into his eyes, obscuring his vision and he blinked them away quickly so he could keep his eyes on his dad.

Tony let out one last breath as the ash reached his heart and he stilled until he was nothing.

"Dad?" Peter choked out, looking at his hands where they were coated in ash.

"Dad?"

There was no answer, just the words echoing around Titan, a terrible, lonely sound.

Peter sniffed and looked up, so completely alone. "Dad?"

"Dad?" Peter choked out, sitting up in bed, clutching the hands so tightly in his knuckles were white.

Peter choked on his tears, his heart painfully in his chest as he looked around the room widely. He kicked off his sheets and vaulted off the bed.

"FRIDAY – lights," Peter choked out.

The lights flicked on and Peter was running out of his room and down the familiar hallways of Tony's home. He moved faster than he ever had and was throwing open the door with a crash.

The lights in Tony's room flicked on and Peter looked around the room widely, chest heaving with each panicked breath that he took.

"Peter?" Pepper asked groggily, sitting up in the bed. The sheets pooled around her waist as she blinked against the sudden light. "Peter, honey? What's wrong?"

"Dad? Where's is he? Why isn't he – where is dad?"

Pepper slipped out the bed and crossed to Peter, gently taking his hands in hers. "Tony's in San Francisco, remember? He had a conference he had to go to. Last minute call."