16- YOU FUCKING DONKEY!!

(Song of the chapter: 'Last Night' - The Vamps)

AVALON

I awoke with a dull throb in my head.

The sensation wasn't overwhelming, but it was annoying and foreign enough to cause my body to go on alert.

I carefully peeled my eyes open a fraction. Moving too fast seemed like a bad idea for some reason. My blinds, which were a deep dark black like most of the décor in my monochromatic room, were drawn and preventing most of the morning light from coming into the room. But even the little that peeked through made want to burrow beneath my blankets and never resurface.

Groaning, I pushed past the burning in my eyes and sat up. I blinked, willing the rest of the room to come into focus. Slowly, it did. I was lying on my bed, wearing my usual sleepwear of a long-sleeved, oversized merch t-shirt that stopped mid-thigh with little black shorts underneath.

On the opposite wall hung my vinyl collection, a poster of the artist plastered beside each one. Beside my bed was my bookshelf, all my books neatly catalogued according to genre. In fact, my entire room was neatly arranged – more than usual. There was a tingle in my forehead, one not caused by my current mysterious headache, when I looked at my clean floor.

I could have sworn there was a mess there before.

My eyes caught on my bedside table. My glasses rested on top of it, alongside a glass of water that still showed signs of condensation. I picked up the cool glass and drank. My headache automatically subsided once I drained it, which perked me up. I moved to set it back down and paused when I saw a dollar bill lying in its former spot. It must have been right underneath it.

Curious, I picked up the money and put on my glasses. They functioned more as reading glasses than anything, since I didn't really have any problem with my eyes. I counted the number of zeros on the dollar and frowned. When did I get $100 in cash and why was it on my bedside table?

I replaced it, my mind brewing. The glass of water tipped me off that one of my parents was either currently home or had left a short while ago. Maybe this was my allowance. I shrugged to myself and made a beeline for the bathroom. I'll ask later, right now I needed to get rid of the funky taste in my mouth.

After brushing my teeth and splashing water on my face, I headed for the door. My nose was immediately assaulted with wonderful smells coming from downstairs. So one of them was still home, probably my mother. My mouth watered. I absolutely adored my mother's cooking.

"Mom?" I called out, descending the stairs.

"In the kitchen!" Came her reply. There was some chatter coming from downstairs, I noticed as I got closer. She probably had the television on, she liked watching Hell's Kitchen whenever she was making food.

My feet touched the landing, and I padded through the corridor that led to our dining area. Once I turned the corner, I froze.

Brandon, Jasper and Rhys sat at my dining table, helping themselves to the breakfast spread. There was a bread basket, a fruit bowl, cereal boxes, jars of milk and jam, a crap ton of omelettes, sausage links, pancakes, hash browns, and many more. Their heads swiveled around to face me when I came into view.

I stared. They stared back at me, calmly chewing their food. I must still be dreaming, I thought, though the scene didn't change when I blinked.

"THE DUCK'S BURNT! YOU'RE COOKING IN A BURNT PAN, YOU FUCKING DICK!!" Gordon Ramsay bellowed from the screen in the corner. Okay, no way was that part of my dream, or any dreams I had for that matter.