29- Do NOT touch me

(Song of the chapter: 'I Don't Miss You At All' - FINNEAS)

YouTube

YouTube . Trending

#OurNewFriend

31.9K Tweets

SOPHIE

A strong roundhouse kick felled my opponent. He was bigger, at least twice my size, and when he hit the mat it sounded like a house crashing. Before he could get up, I acted quickly.

Throwing my weight upon him, I straddled him then twisted an arm behind his back, holding it there firmly.

He was pinned. Unless he wanted to suffer a very painful time, he was going to have to yield.

He didn't seem to get the memo. His huge body bucked against me like a pit-bull, but I held on determinedly, not giving him an inch.

He was way stronger than me, but I wanted to win way more than he did.

His bucking became harder, almost rattling my bones. I tightened the grip of my thighs, but it was getting harder to hold on. Adding more force on his arm wasn't doing enough to dissuade him.

So I added pressure somewhere else. I reached out with my other arm and grabbed him by the throat.

Either he surrendered in the next few seconds, or he'd pass out from my choke hold. The first option was much more dignified than the second.

Come on, you big oaf, I snarled as his movements continued.

Standing above us, Sensei watched calmly, impassively waiting.

One, two.

Face purpling, he reached out with his free hand and finally slapped the mat.

Three.

Abruptly, I rolled off him and stood. He raised himself up by his palms and inhaled deeply. Once I was sure he'd caught his breath, I reached out and offered a hand.

There was a flash of anger in his eyes as he looked up at me – and I stiffened marginally – but it was gone in the next second. He reached out and grabbed my outstretched palm. Relaxing, I helped him to his feet.