11- Bye, Felicia

(Song of the Chapter: 'Bad Blood' - Taylor Swift)

Disclaimer: Neither I nor any of my family or friends have Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). As a psychology major I have some knowledge of the disorder, but the events of this chapter came solely from my imagination and do not reflect any reality I have witnessed. It might also be triggering for some, so read at your own risk.

_

That wasn't the end of it though. More trouble was to follow, worse than I could've imagined.

I sat at the lunch table reading a book, my lunch forgotten in front of me. Rhys, Jasper and Brandon sat around me, the former peering into his phone while the other two chatted. And I read my book as usual.

Nothing out of the ordinary. This was the new normal for lunchtime, and I guess I would just have to get used to it.

This morning I had poured everything into one last ditch effort to... well... ditch the Horsemen. I wasn't exactly sure why I still tried. I had to actually pause and ponder it while preparing to scale the tree at the side of my balcony.

I actually liked their company, despite all my fronts. Having someone to talk to at school was a nice feeling, and the unexpected and unrequested rides to and from school were quite convenient. But I've lived for a long time not getting too close to anyone outside of my Pack.

Even then, the only person I really and truly trusted was my brother. I could always count on him to be there for me. And it didn't hurt that we could see into each other's minds so his intentions were always available to me.

I've only known the Horsemen for less than a month, and during that time they've displayed a variety of unexplainable altruistic behavior. I didn't know a lot about them... which could change if I read their dossier. However, I haven't, and thus they were still quite an enigma.

The only working theory I had about them was that they weren't bullies, but that wasn't good enough. People could be motivated to do all sorts of things they usually wouldn't with enough reason.

Besides, I was guessing that they only saw me as interesting now. They'd get tired and leave me alone soon enough, it was only a matter of time. It wasn't like I was reciprocating their goodwill.

And so, I continued with my plan. I stealthily scooted down the branch, which hovered over the street behind my house. Using the back road would take me approximately ten minutes longer to get to school, but that was fine. As long as I was able to evade them, and it could be done, I didn't mind the consequences.

I lowered myself till I hung precariously from the tip of the branch, then unceremoniously dropped to the ground. It wasn't a long fall since the branch hung quite low once 115 pounds of werewolf-human dangled from it like Tarzan. I brushed the sides of my shoulders, feeling accomplished. Once I made sure everything was in good shape, including myself, I swiveled around to begin my journey.

I hadn't even taken two steps when I spotted a rather familiar blue car coming towards me. I could scarcely believe my eyes.

The window rolled down once it was right beside me, and sure enough, three Horsemen peered out of it with mixed expressions on their faces. Brandon, bless his heart, looked very concerned for my, um, mental state. Jasper was torn between amusement and apprehension, and Rhys had developed a strange twitch in his right eye.

Was he about to cry from witnessing my insane abilities?

"Are you insane?"

I sighed deeply, my shoulders slumping, then started the walk of shame towards the stupid flashy car.