Chapter 27

Adventures With Bill pt.1

I gulped before heading into the Pokémon Center on Cinnabar Island, I was rude to Bill before I went to Viridian City. Knowing Bill, I'm sure he would forgive me, but I couldn't help but feel bad.

I entered the center and glanced around for Bill, but I couldn't see him. I frowned, "I guess he already left..."

"Alyssa! You kept me waiting!"

I jumped and saw Bill rushing towards me from the back of the center. "You haven't left yet?!"

He shook his head. "I was waiting for you! Ready to go?"

"Already? I just got here..."

He grabbed my hand and we ran off to the edge of the island. Waiting for us was a small, white boat. Bill pulled me aboard and we sailed off to the islands.

The boat was quick, and we sped through the big blue ocean. I was at the front of the boat, looking at the beautiful scenery. I lost my footing and fell back, I braced myself for the cold deck.

"Woah! Are you ok?"

I glanced up and saw Bill's face. He had caught me in his arms before I hit the ground. I felt my heart skip a beat, and I quickly scrambled out of his grasp. I felt my face get heavy, knowing I couldn't have who I wanted anyway.

Bill grabbed my hand again, but he stared out onto the sea. I sighed and watched the sea too, silently thanking Bill.

***

"We're here! One Island!" Bill exclaimed, jumping off the boat.

I exited the boat and saw a few buildings amidst the vegetation. "This is nice...

"We're gonna go see my friend, Celio!" Bill explained.

I tilted my head. "Who's that?"

"He's in charge of the island's PC network by his lonesome." Bill sadly explained.

I agreed and Bill led the way. I followed him to a huge building with an orange roof. Bill happily entered the building and dragged me inside too, and the inside reminded me of a Pokémon Center, but it also had a huge machine in the back.

Bill marched toward the machine, his smile growing larger with every step. "Hey, Celio!"

The man Bill called Celio gave him a side glance before realizing who it was. "Bill! I can't believe you came out here!"

"Of course I would! Anyway, how's the research coming along?" Bill eagerly asked but he suddenly turned to me. "My bad! Alyssa, this is my good friend Celio! He's a dedicated PC maniac."

I averted my eyes and Bill continued, "Celio, this is Alyssa, a rising contender as the Pokémon Champion!"

"That's impressive. I do hate to admit this, but I have zero aptitudes for battling." Celio chuckled, he held his hand out for me to shake. "It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise, Celio," I replied, shaking his hand.

Bill started pouting. "So! How's the machine running?"

Celio's face darkened. "It's running fine, but we're too remote out here. The PCs on this island just can't link up with yours, Bill."

Bill looked surprised. "Oh? Okay, let me take a look."

I watched as Bill take a look at the machine, he took some things apart and put them back together. I felt a little out of place since I had no idea how to work on machines.