Chapter 10

Nugget Bridge

Misty's gym was a really fun fight, and I'm glad Haru thought so too. He was explaining how he beat the gym to Spike and Osore, and I was happy to see my friends get along.

"Don't take too long, Haru. We have to catch up to Green." I happily exclaim.

Haru nodded and finished up his story, both Spike and Osore applauded after he finished. I finished getting dressed and started to remember the dream I had last night. I fumbled over my shoes and felt my face get hot.

Spike came over to me, softly nudging me with his ears.

"I'm fine, Spike! It's nothing!" I quickly explained, hoping he wouldn't notice my bright red face.

I turned to Spike curiously. "You know... you are around the level where you should be evolving... maybe a few more level ups."

Spike nodded and pranced back to Osore and Haru, and he convinced them to get into their pokéballs.

"Praise the mom friend," I whispered.

I grabbed my bag and headed to the front of the Pokémon Center. If I was lucky enough, I'd run into Green and watch him leave from a safe distance.

The way out of Cerulean City was north, crossing the Nugget Bridge. The bridge is golden with a silver lining. I wondered if it was actual gold and silver, but I wasn't going to cross into territory that I didn't know of.

To my absolute dismay, I saw Green coming back from up north. He was grinning very happily as he walked to my end.

I saw him squint and his eyes widened, I knew that he had spotted me.

"Alyssa!" He called out.

I knew he was going to tease me for being so far behind him, but I decided to not take it.

"Look! I caught all these strong Pokémon!" He had a cute childish grin which caught me off guard

"Cute..." I mumbled.

"Right?! I'd challenge you to a battle, but I want to heal them up first." He explained as he started heading back into Cerulean City.

I couldn't believe I had muttered what I thought about Green, but at least he thought I was talking about his Pokémon.

"Y-yeah! We can battle some other time!" I quickly respond.

He smiled happily and waved as he darted back to Cerulean City. I shook my head and slapped my cheeks, I turned my focus on the golden bridge.

"Alyssa!"

I quickly turned around and saw Green sprinting back at me. He stopped and panted for a few seconds before speaking again.

"Y-you'll get t-to meet Bill." He finally let out.

"Bill?" I questioned.

Green squinted at me and gently karate-chopped my head. "The world-famous Pokémaniac, idiot."

I pushed his hand away, and he sighed at my face.