Chapter 30

Elite Four Lorelei

I stood in front of a huge castle-like building, my heart beating faster with every breath I take. It felt too much like a dream for me to be standing in front of the Pokémon League.

I turned back to my friends who were there for me since day one. They all nodded with determined glares, I called them back into their pokéballs and clutched my chest tightly.

"I might not even be here for the celebration for when I win..." I mumbled sadly, I shook my head. "It doesn't matter. I have to win!"

I stormed inside and searched for Nurse Joy. I asked her to heal up my Pokémon, which she gladly did. I saw the door I had to open to enter the Pokémon League, my heart throbbed as I got my Pokémon back.

If I recalled correctly, the first member of the Elite Four used water types. I reorganized my pokéballs and put Belphie up in front. He'd be tired, but I knew he was also excited for this battle.

I walked to the large door, but I was stopped by a woman in orange. "From here on, you will face the Elite Four one by one."

I felt my heart skip as she said the name of my opponent.

"Once you enter, you cannot return until you have either lost or beaten the Champion." She coldly stated, but she smiled warmly at me and gave me a pat on the back. "Good luck."

I sighed and thanked her, I took a deep breath and opened the door.

***

I got chills when I opened the door. I was blinded by the brightness of the room, and I almost slipped when I walked in. The room was bright blue, almost a bright white color. Every step I took made me shiver with the cold breeze that flowed through the air.

When my eyesight finally returned, I saw bright scarlet red hair. The scarlet red hair belonged to a woman who appeared to be in her mid-twenties. I thought she was quite beautiful with her glasses, but I don't know how she managed to be in such a cold room with her outfit. She was in a short indigo skirt with a sleeveless black shirt, and she was also in heels.

However, the thing that surprised me the most was that she was atop a Lapras. The beautiful Pokémon carried her with grace as she awaited me to approach her.

"Welcome to the Pokémon League. I am Lorelei of the Elite Four." She greeted me with a sinister smile.

I nodded and responded nervously. "I-I'm Alyssa of Pallet Town!"

She chuckled as if my nervousness was amusing to her. "No one can best me when it comes to icy Pokémon."

My eyes widened and my thoughts started scrambling in my head. "Eh?! Icy Pokémon? Don't tell me she uses Ice Types! I'm such an idiot!"

Lorelei continued, not noticing my obvious panic. "Freezing moves are powerful. Your Pokémon will be at my mercy when they are frozen solid."

I stopped when she started saying that I would lose. That my friends would lose. I grinned, "You are the one who will be at my mercy, Lorelei."

Lorelei cackled. "Are you ready?"

I nodded and grabbed Belphie's pokéball. "Of course!"

Lorelei and I threw our pokéballs out simultaneously. When Belphie came out, he yawned and stretched. I can't say I was surprised, but I wish he was a little more excited about this.

Lorelei sent out Dewgong, a Snow White seal with two cute fangs and a small horn on the tops of its head. I hoped that Belphie would be quicker than Dewgong, so I went for an attack.