Chapter 28

Adventures with Bill pt.2

"So... they said Bond Bridge, but they never specified where it was." I sighed, pulling out the map of the islands. I glossed over the map, finally realizing where I was. "Oh! So I just have to go north and then west... I see!"

I dashed off, hoping I'd find that little girl. I came across a few trainers, who were mainly dancing in the flowers. The woman had on a cute floral skirt, and I got a bit jealous since all my mom got me was this boring old red skirt.

I arrived at a bridge, but I couldn't see anyone on it. It started getting a little foggy, and shivers went down my spine. I felt like I was being watched, but no one else was around.

Nevertheless, I pressed forward. I had nothing to fear, my Pokémon were with me after all. The bridge was a little sketchy, and the fog started getting thicker. I jumped off the bridge, onto an empty beach.

I jumped and quickly scurried into the forest. There was a shaky sign that called this the Berry Forest. I gulped, knowing that this lost girl was probably in here, and moved forward.

The fog seemed to be thickest in this forest, I couldn't even see three feet in front of me. "Osore... do you think you could do something about this?" I asked, praying that he could.

Osore shook his head sadly. "Feeeeeaaar..."

I smiled and ruffled his feathers. "Thanks anyway... you being here is enough to calm me."

Osore ended up staying out of his pokéball with me, alerting me if anything was wrong. I heard a twig snap, Osore did too. We both glanced at each other and started running towards it. I looked over at Osore, but I didn't see him.

I stopped running and saw his brown wings slowly flapping. His eyes were wide and he was shaking, begging me with his eyes to come back.

"What's wrong?" I asked, approaching him.

He shook his head and turned around. "Roooow!"

I hadn't ever heard him scream like that, so this was a little terrifying. "Osore! Calm down! What's wrong?"

"Help me!" A voice screamed.

I flinched when I heard the high-pitched scream, and Osore tried flying away but I called him back in his pokéball and rushed to the voice. I didn't know if I was going the right way, but this person wanted help. I couldn't ignore that.

"Please! Help me!" The voice screamed again.

The voice sounded like a small child, and I thought about the poor lost little girl whom I was searching for. I could tell I was getting closer, her scream was louder than last time.

I saw a bright pink head about 10 yards away from me, the girl cried out once again. "Please! Help me!"

I consoled the girl, petting her head and hugging her. "What happened? Are you ok?"

She sniffled and sobbed. "A scary Pokémon appeared.."

I gasped slightly but didn't say anything. She is only a child, and I guess Pokémon are scary to some people. Since she didn't have any to defend herself, she must've been horrified.

"It's ok... if it comes back I'll protect you." I replied, smiling at her.

She sniffed. "I want to go home..."

I nodded and held my hand out to her, and she grabbed it tightly with both hands. She let out another cry and hid between my legs. "There! Please! Help me!"