Everyone but Jack gets an idea

*Eminemvoice* guesswho'sback
Backagain
-firebolt2001-sback
Tellafriend
Udkimthebrealahadykshkenkiiksomethingsometing

Jack

The snow had grown thicker overnight, they'd assumed. The dead bodies would only be preserved in weather like this, and we were very much aware of that.

But if we wanted to return, we would have to stay put of sight. Its a lot harder to kill a body thats insides are frozen to the core.

I could only imagine how difficult it would be to bah in a frozen head. Taking into consideration my personal cardio, it didn't sound so bad. Maybe Red head, too. But I wasn't sure about the other two. Hiccup was smart, yes, but he can't outsmart something into dying. I talked carefully with Merida about this.

She shrugged. "Maybe they don't need tah killem?"  

"No, we can't constantly be around to protect them." She looks down,pusing her lips and crossing her arms. 

She opens her mouth to say something, but then closes it again. Finally she says, "Maybe they dunt have tah hit the heads." I raise an eyebrow. "Aren't ya able tah hit somethin from around here?" She points up to her chin, leaning her head back a little to show her neck and jaw. 

I took this isnto consideration. Well, for someone who shoots on sight, it was a pretty good idea. I nod in approval. "That's true..." We both look back at the two, amusingly playing with a small black cat, who motioned his head under their hands to pet.

I can't believe he brought a fucking cat.

"Shouldn't we be discussin this with them then?" She asks. 

"Sooner the better," I say.

With that, she called them over. Sharing the ideas to one another, they all seemed to be okay with it. Henry was a little insulted at the fact that they thought of him to be unathletic, but he began brainstorming any links to the brain he could find in the human anatomy. But he couldn't think of much. With a disgarded pen and paper, he wrote down, "Ears"and "Beneath jaw." Recognizing that human anatomy was not yet a subject that he excelled in, he couldn't think of much.

Rapunzel intervened, grabbing the pen. "I think i have some." without asking, she jotted down a few and began to elaborate. "I know that the eyes are the most sensitive area on the head. Stabbing someone aound here can probably do something deadly."  She paused. "Just don't hit the top of the head. Thats the thickest part of the brain.... Basically, any hole on the head leads to the brain in some way."  Damn, Punzie.

I assume everyone had the same thoughts. She was eyed by everyone, who felt strange mixes of confusion and impression.

"I had a lot of time on my hands and... I like anatomy." She smiled a bit and licked her ips, shyly pulling a strand of hair behind her ear.

I nodded. "Alright, well, then we should map out where to go and when to leave."

Henry replied, "As soon as possible." I debated whether to break the news that we'd have to leae his little pet.

In some awkward attempt, I chose now to do it. "Henry, your cat can't come with us."

I didnt have to break eye contact with him to realize that everyone was now staring at me. Henry hesitated before speaking again. 

He stuttered a bit, "I-I can't just leave him.. He'll die on his own!" He began to get slightly aggressive. 

I tried to calm him down. "We'll all die if he stays, henry."

My efforts had failed, when his voice began to grow louder, "No! We need to keep him... we just...." Hiccup looked a little frustrated, now, voice shakey and eyebrows arched , jaw tightened. He had no response. And if I weren't thinking about the condition of our lives, I would've felt sorry.

Before I could say anything, Hiccup took a loud breath and lowered his voice just enough to calmly ask, "Can we just... take him back then?"

I sighed. Now i really felt bad. "Alright."

Henry exhaled in a sort of relief. "Okay... Thank you." He said, not looking anywhere near my general direction. He pushed back his hair, from his forehead which gradually fell back into place. "Alright, lets do so now then."

Henry turned over the paper, and layed out the map of Burgess right beside it. He began to redraw the map roughly, but somewhat accurate enough. He exhaled again. Man, this guy really likes to breathe.

He pinpointed our location and looked out the window from cross the room, and then to his watch. "He are here." He pointed to the area. "The camp is there." He pointed about 3 inches away. About half a mile. "This is the nearest convenience store." He pointed to something about a mile from the camp. :That's most likely been wiped clean. So we'll have to go to a factory, but that's most likely in a large city, meaning more hordes. We'll have to wait until it gets a little warmer." He continued to go on explaining the route and pausing to estimate a time, and starred nearest safehouses.

"Jees Henry, Howdya know all this stuff?" He shrugged.

"Video Games." I snorted. Not because it was funny, but because I was surprised at myself for not totally expecting that answer. I mean, the kid found out he was in the middle of an apocalypse, and the first thing he does is grab his laptop.

He continued. After that I guess I stopped listening and tried to grab just the necessary keywords out of his explanation. Merida kept asking him to repeat some things, because his talking gradually grew faster, which helped. He asked me occasional questions about the area, but I only answered with yes and no. When i assumed he was done i calculated everything he said.

"Alright, we'll drop your cat off, take a turn to migrate into another town up North, but stay close to the minor roads." Henry nodded.

:"Perfect. Grab your things, we leave in 20." I say.

They stand up in unision, Merida goes straight to the kitchen to scrape the remaining contents of the cabinets, Henry packs up everything in the living room, and blondie caters to the roaming black cat. I looked around. My tension was temporarily gone. The wild progress we made in the last 10 minutes almost convinced me that no one would kill the other, at least, just for today.