My trusty Frying Pan

'Do you know what's worth fighting for? When it's not dying for?'

 Day 14

October 17, 2020.

9:30 am

Rapunzel;

Vacant lots spread across the vast land with a road rammed right through them. Dirty metal roofs with rusty edges filled the outskirts.

I walked along the sidewalks. No one in sight, only the sound of my heavy breathing and footsteps along the pavement. Windows were boarded shut, and every store had the sign closed taped against glass doors. I felt the hairs in the back of my neck rise against my hair as I shivered with the cold air. The leggings were too thin, and the only extra layer was my skirt and a sweater. I felt too exposed and vulnerable, being alone was far too good to be true when exploring such a big city.

I found some sort of restaurant with the door held open with a box between the door and it's hinge, and I slid inside, immediate comfort filled me up. It was warm, but a bit too dark. There had to be someone out there, in here, maybe even.

I took out my water bottle, and slumped into a corner behind the counter. I knew it was dangerous, with whatever was on the news the other day. But there has to be some normalcy around here, right?

I was officially 17, and at that moment, too oblivious to be so.

The sound of a deep growling roared from a distance. I froze, too strucken to do much, and snapped out of my trance. Wherever it was coming from, it had to be inside. 

As I heard it's timid footsteps dribble closer and closer, I waited for my chance to escape.

I ducked my head under the counter of the diner as It past on the other side, wondering. As I peeked out, I spotted it gazing out the window and I realized this was my chance.

I scurried nervously to the back, where the kitchen door swung behind me. It made a small whoosh as I crawled past it. And when it swung open, I saw that it had noticed. It was facing me, it was seeing me.

It charged.

I shuffled to my feet as I there myself to block the door as it clawed it's hands between the opening. I couldn't keep the door shut but I could use it as a barrier between the thing and myself.

I cried in distress, the realization that there wasn't much chance that I would live. The anxiety washed over me exceedingly quick. I felt sweat forming on my forehead as my muscles ached. I avoided it's decayed hand as it's remaining 3 fingers tried it's best to snatch me the smell of rotten meat and metallic filled my nostrils as the grey hand gripped closer and closer to my face. I had to do something, and I had to do it as soon as possible.

I glanced around the dim.lighted kitchen with it's dirt soaked tile walls and giant pile of dirty dishes. I tried my best to focus on the dishes, but I didn't see a single knife that was close enough. There was a butcher knife that was safely tucked in the farthest corner, entirely unhelpful. Only plates, spoons, a frying pan, and a fork that was too small to be useful to a beginner.

I slid my back down the door,  he continued to shove forward. The small kitchen was quite my advantage, If been able to force it shut by cushioning my foot against the cabinet to force the door shut.

With my other foot, I reached for the handle of the frying pan sticking out of the sink.

I used my hands to push the door back and reach farther towards the handle, trying to flip it onto the ground.

My boot clapped against the metal in success, but the thing only shoved itself further into the kitchen.

I kicked the handle, and the metal gave a loud bang against the floor. I clutched it with my show and released my force against the door. As it charged again, tattered overaized flannel swaying to it's forced and choppy limping, it's dirty hands reached out for me. I stood up as fast as I could, and swung the pan in whatever direction I could, and as plentiful times. As long as it didn't get to me.

I didn't date look, but I heard the metal clang against something that I desperately hopes was his head.

It's moaning grew softer, and I swung harder into it's skull about 4 times after it hit the ground. I seized when it remained motionless. Then when I realized that I had to look at it, just to know for sure, I felt the nausea begin to form. I felt my stomach tie into a tIght knot as I leaned over to puke. The head that bares it's teeth at me was just a crushed ball of grey meat and dried blood. The smell made my vomit go for seconds, but fortunately I hadn't eaten enough to second that motion.

I climbed off the dead limp body that I'd just smashed to bits and leaned against the cabinet as tears began to stream. A soft cry erupted and grew louder and louder as I realized I'd technically killed a man.

Mother always said, "It's okay to kill. Only if he tried to kill you first, do you understand?" I understood exactly what she meant back Then, but now I understood everything even more now. I had his blood on my hands, and if there were more of him, he wouldn't be the last.

_____________________________________________________________

AND NOW FOR THE BEGINNING OF THE FRYING PAN LEGEND. come on, you can't have a Rapunzel fanfiction without a dang frying pan...

GUYS MY CHORUS CLASS IS GONNA DO A SONG FROM BRAVE THIS IS OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST YEAR EVER GO CHORUS YAY

Ahem. I only did one scene because it's super important and I wanted to hurry this up. For Rapunzel, she wasn't so vulnerable as Everyone expects her to be in the first apocalyptic scene for her, but that's because she's seen it on the news and she's not stupid. She's been taught enough to help her survive without throwing herself into a shiz load of stuff. (because that wouldn't be good for the group either.)

And with the lack of Merida and Hiccup, they've already resolved the basics. I've planned this scene out from the beginning so I really don't know exactly what my plan is to make them meet so this is basically sue to planning.

Also, I noticed my last chapter wasn't a hit. I thought it would give people emotional feels or something but I guess not :/

Vote. Comment!