Death's Demise

"Acting on your best behavior, turn your back on Mother Nature. Everybody wants to rule the world."

-(can someone tell me who sings this? it sounds like lorde or something but it says soundtrack so ugh.)

Anyway, no one's commented so no one's gonna show up. that's what you get o.o Plus, heads up, I live in the tropics and I have never left the tropics so when I talk about changing weather I will most likely be very impractical. I freeze at anything less than 72°F so I will most definitely not know when they'll be appropriately considered cold or warm.

October 30, 2017

6:17 am

Rapunzel.

We never spoke a single word, although a few suggested what we did, we mainly kept walking. Jack seemed to know what he was doing, though. He seemed familiar with Burgess. Merida held Henry's things, although he kept arguing for them back. Apparently, he'd been sliced in the ribs, he seemed to walk awkwardly, and whenever we ran he'd have to stop for a breather, clutching his side's and gulping. he'd played it off humorously, though, but even Jack gave him a sad look.

Eventually, after helping an embarrassed Henry over a wall, we managed to find a messy and quiet neighbourhood. it wasn't pleasant, though. I clutched my frying pan in one hand behind my back as I slung it across like a back pack, using some dull and thin rope.

I'd realized I shouldn't have brought blouses. I stared down at what used to be a floral and ruffled purple shirt, and cringed at the bloody mess it was, currently.

Dried blood in slashes across the front, visibly attempted to be scraped out. My hoodie around my waist in a knot and my jeans with a hole right at my knee caps. My bag was empty, except for a few bottles of water and a bag of almonds, for I had given up cans to repay some of my dept.

The sun was starting to come out, and it wasn't so cold, but it was definite that winter would be coming early this year. It couldn't have been over 47°F on this Fall morning. The leaves rustling in their brownish taint.

It was mostly road, until we saw small houses in the distance, stacked in rows along a still and unmoving street. No birds were flying across the sky in flocks. Rodents lay limp on streets, or feeding off of stray limbs. It was no longer a salvation, and it was long since considered a home.

Jack was having a visibly hard time pulling himself together. He constantly took long breaths upon entering the small neighbourhood.

He sighed, paused for a moment. Just staring at the torn up town. It took a while for him to say anything, until finally, "Why don't we uh," his voice was soft, his gaze on the houses remained neutral. "Let's split up." His voice nearly cracked. On the brink of tears, he cleared his throat.

"I'll go with Blondie." I heard beside me. I turned to see Merida l, who gripped my arm softly. Henry raised an eyebrow, then turned to Jack. "Maybe ye' and Jack can... patch things up while we're gone." She nodded.

The boys only glared, and by boys I mean Jack, who gave a hint of anger as Henry simply looked, a slight awkwardness to his expression.

I knew Jack was about to oppose, but Merida seemed much easier to work with. And I agreed, we certainly wouldn't last long with the boys at each others throats. "I agree..." I said. Jack gave me a look, almost one that said, really??

Merida smiled softly at Henry in apology. "I'll take the west ends?"

Jack shook his head. "Maybe we should try every other house. That way we won't stray too far." The group nodded, and Merida turned her heel with her arm locked in mine.