Oh, Mother

"I found the trace of my steps to cover up my tracks. To conceal my taste for treason, to detach you from me." -Rome

This POV will start out a bit differently. Like I did for Astrid a few chapters ago, part of this chapter won't involve the big four, but antagonists and supporting characters.

She walked with such grace that she remained still in her pace, step by step filled with rage and determination. Each angry movement provides her scowl with more fuel.

Her pace quickened. A rifle in hand, it was quite curious where it had came from. her hair greying and fading, but her anger fueled her energy as she let no dead member touch her. She hit them without hesitation, some before she was even noticed. The blood she left behind didn't belong to her at all.

She stomped on the hashing bodiless head that seemed to be the only thing left, she was raging and starving for survival.

As she raised her head to read the big green sign, bent and dirt covered alongside the road, a splatter of dried blood ironically spread over the population.

She was sure of one thing and one thing only, and that was where she was.

Reading the sign she felt a small wave of relief, "Welcome to Burgess."

Rapunzel:

I stared at my bite for what seemed like minutes, for hours. And I could tell that he rest of them were staring at me too. I looked at the bite that had stopped bleeding, my forearm tightly wrapped in gauze and covered with medicine.

I wasn't sure if it was possible to be bitten without any affect like this, it boggled my mind for the past few hours since it had happened, mainly because it's been a few hours. I should be dead before the first hour is up, yet I've wasted many, and although it left a mark, my arm didn't turn purple right away, and my forehead was just as warm as it was before anything happened.

I remembered, then.

I remembered the darkness that engulfed my vision as the gunshot flooded my ears. And I remember the bodies thumping to the ground, all because I was immune.

I was ummuned to this wound, though it still stabbed into my skin, and I wasn't going to die.

Then, before it hit me hard enough, I'd realized that this wasn't a scratch, and I could die like the rest.

Then I remembered that im not dead. And finally, I'd left it to faith to say that she was wrong, and I was much more powerful than she thought me to be. For now, of course, I'd felt like everything was going to finally be okay.

But I needed to speak up. "Guys?" My voice was hoarse, my throat soar from crying.

Instantly I had their full attention due to being on their radar for hours.

"what is it, Punzie?" Merida asked, sweetly, but comfortably.

"I-I know I should've told you this earlier..." They say close, now. Henry crouched by me and Jack crossed his legs in front of me. "Before I came here. I was running away from my mother. I know it was stupid, but I needed to leave. I was stupid enough to leave at a time like this because I was so sheltered that I was hardly aware. Truth is... I'd been locked up in a tower for 17 years. I ran away, and my mother almost caught up with me. When she did, it was too dark to see me, but I'd heard her and a group of men. They said they were there to trade me. She was going to trade me for food and vehicles and supplies, and I knew then that I definitely couldn't go back, you know? So I didn't turn around. And I guess this whole thing explains why I'm so nervous around you guys." I shrugged. "I figured, if I went back, I'd be dead in a minute. And if I left, at least I'd be alive for two." I said as casually as I could while they listened with sorry eyes.