Devil's Night: Part 2

Harry followed dutifully behind the woman as she scurried across the streets and into a dark part of the city that was no place for a human such as her. He found himself happily confused.

She was an enigma. A spirit that was bright and pure and yet a dark swirl of something sinister beneath it all, just barely scratching the surface.

She smelled human, she didn't have the markings of a witch or warlock. She was nothing of any import.

And yet...

She'd captivated his most astute attention.

He watched as she climbed a set of stairs and withdrew a key from her purse of greed, and then made her way into the building, effectively shutting him out.

No matter. He could appear wherever he wanted...and right now....he liked the idea of appearing just outside her door, meowing to be let in.

Oh how intolerably beneath him to be whining and mewling like the cat he was. How absolutely dreadful to stoop to such a level to garner her affections and attention but he had to gain access.

The object of his fancy just cleared the stairs as he curled into her door and meowed loudly.

She stopped and stared for a moment, blinking those onyx eyes at him as if he were exactly what he truly was.

She couldn't know...there was no way for her to know...but just to be sure, he flopped onto his back and wiggled from side to side with another annoying mewl.

He peeked one eye open at her and watched as her plump pink lips twitched into a smile.

There she goes...a beautiful butterfly caught in a net.

"And just what do you think you are doing here?" She asked teasingly and Harry just meowed again. His head was full of words he'd love to say back to that question but...the cat sounds would have to do...for now.

She traipsed over in her white sneakers and crouched down to swipe her fingers around his red collar.

"Harry," she whispered.

Oh Harry loved the way she said his name. A Hell of a choice he had to admit.

"Well you don't have any information from your owner," she looked left and then right down the hallway and then looked back at Harry with a shrug, "I suppose I can't just leave you out here all alone can I?" She asked sweetly and Harry did everything he could not to answer her by shaking his head.

She rose to her full height and readjusted her skirts, "Alright, enter if you dare." She sighed and then unlocked the door to her home.

What does one feed a cat?

Sera did not know the answer but she'd seen enough television to assume a can of tuna should suffice.

"Alright Harry, don't judge me but this is all I have to offer." The black cat tilted its pretty head and then dipped down to smell the open can of tuna in water. Two distinct sniffs and then it wretched.

"Wow....rude." Sera scoffed under her breath but she could have sworn she saw the cat's shoulders shake with laughter.

It was an odd sort of cat. It's hypnotic green eyes were ever watchful and she could feel them on her at every turn. She refused to touch it and she wasn't sure why. It wasn't that she wasn't a cat person, she tended to be fond of all animals, but this one...well there was just something about it.

Something different...something altogether not right.

She wondered if maybe she was putting her own emotions about herself onto the poor creature who was doomed to starve in her apartment. But she also just had a feeling that maybe she could look but not touch the feline perched on her floor.