Almost Famous: I Do

Author's Note:

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ ALMOST FAMOUS DO NOT PROCEED!

I uh...I cried while writing this. This will be the final update for Almost Famous and will be added to it once the Watty awards are done.

For now, please enjoy this here.

Thank you so much for all of your reads, all of your kind words, your direct messages, everything. Let me know what you think of this ending. I sincerely hope you like it.

And to Rue and Harry, my dear little loves...thank you for letting me write your love story. I love you my sunflowers.

Enjoy,

Balletclutz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Harry is going to absolutely die when he sees you Rue!" Gemma squealed from just behind me as Rachel tugged at the zipper on the back of the white dress.

Please let it fit. Please let it fit.

"He better fucking cry or else I'm going to tell your dad to march your ass back up the aisle until he does." Rachel fumed as she did up the final buttons and then swooped down to pick up the cathedral length train and fluff it out so that it laid out gracefully behind me.

"Can you guys chill? You're making me nervous...there's so many people out there." I looked down at my hands and realized I was picking at my manicure once again.

I had begged Harry to make this day as small as possible. My anxiety, while mostly tame these days, still flared up at the idea that 200 people were going to be gawking at me as I walked down the aisle. I had prayed only fifty would RSVP back but...if THE Harry Styles was getting married....well...let's just say they weren't going to miss it.

Today, August 16, 2024, I was marrying my best friend, the shiny beacon of light that proposed to me just a year earlier.

Harry had been absolutely adamant that we get married on our anniversary. To him, a new date just wouldn't do. He was a romantic in that way and thus he'd booked the church and the venue as soon he possibly could. As soon as he possibly could being literally ten minutes after proposing to me and having blissful proposal sex on our kitchen floor.

The man had been on a mission that was for sure.

Two knocks at the door brought me out of my reveries and Gemma flew to the door like a bat out of hell in her burgundy bridesmaid gown.

"Who is it?" She sang through the door, tucking a long strand of her brown hair behind her ear, and was greeted with an, "It's me," and we all knew exactly who it was.

Gemma yanked the door open and then pulled a floundering Mitch into the room quickly, slamming the door shut behind him. He looked taken aback by her forcefulness and gave her a long stare before his eyes fell upon me.

"Oh....Rue...you look amazing." His brown eyes looked like they were trying to absorb all of the white but I could tell he meant it. Mitch was still a man of few words so if he said I looked good, then I looked good.

"Thanks Mitchell," I couldn't help but blush because it was probably the only time he'd ever complimented me and right now I truly needed it, "what's up? Is everything alright?" My mind immediately went to Harry upon seeing him here in the bridal suite and my stomach plummeted to the ground.

Did he know...?

"Everything's great, I swear. I'm just here to give you this." He opened up his dark grey suit jacket, his own ring finger gleaming with a gold band, and pulled out a small yellow envelope with tiny sunflower stickers decorating it.