Neverwood: Part 8

The feel of his cold lips molding into yours slowly was enough to make you feel lightheaded. A zap of electricity pulled you both away from one another, your hands falling back into the grassy null to keep yourself from truly collapsing to the ground.

A flash of mutual confusion and surprise flickered in the air. You both just sat there, breaths heavy, staring at one another as if you were raw and exposed.

He was so devastatingly handsome in the light of the night, a true cacophony of beauty and you were feeling reckless.

He seemed stunned momentarily, as if he too did not see things going the way they had. You'd both spent the better part of two months loathing one another and being defiant and cruel, even in the lighthearted moments there was still a tinge of animosity.

And yet...here you both were, scared out of your minds, afraid of the unknown.

But he had known this before...that girl from the vision the shadow had shown you...he'd had his heart broken by her that much you knew for certain. There were still so many questions you had about her and how much he had glowed...truly glowed before. Now he was cold and shut off and void of emotion.

Was he though? Your eyes scanned his features and you could have sworn you saw longing in those eyes.

Suddenly, the shadows that the moon created began to glide towards him, his black mist of a shirt swirling in the breeze, hints of his embellished skin flashing to the surface as the slinking blackness unfurled across the meadow.

"Harry?" You asked slowly, carefully. This was what you had meant when you said he did not like for you to touch him. It was this manifestation of his true Fae nature that had you crawling backwards away from him.

"It is not what you think." He stated between his sharp incisors, the greens of his eyes becoming shrouded in darkness.

"What is this then?" You stopped your movements as he closed his eyes and took in deep breaths to calm himself. The shadows danced along his body and his hair, the night growing darker as they gathered.

"The shadows come when I feel out of control...and afraid..."

"So you are afraid of me."

"Not of you...of what you could do to me." You blinked at him. Just a flutter of your eyelashes. You were shocked. What could you possibly do to him that would make him afraid?

"I wouldn't do anything to you Harry." He scoffed, the softness of his face turning into sharp angles and edges.

"Humans are reckless and susceptible to wild abandon. You care not for my kind. You've all long forgotten us. We are nothing to you but fanciful stories to tell your young." He seethed, pushing himself up to standing and that shadowy mist of a blouse and pants followed him, just barely keeping up to the speed with which he stood.

"I care." You admitted and dropped your eyes to the ground, avoiding that harsh unrelenting stare of his.

"You think you do but think of all you've seen since you've been here. How quick you forget I stole you away. Tricked you into coming here." You didn't understand how you both had gotten here. You had both been so close and now he felt an ocean away. You took a deep inhale before rising to your full height. Harry loomed over you, those haunting green eyes boring into yours as if daring you to deny what he'd said.

"Why are you pushing me away? Because of a kiss-" A hiss cut you off and he took a step closer to you, anger and vicious humor glowing in his eyes as they scanned you over, as if you were insignificant.